The User Experience Researcher enables our software design and development process by authoring, performing, evaluating, and managing research exercises and interviews with our internal and external users.
- Work collaboratively with designers, developers, engineers, project managers, and product owners in an agile environment.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research studies across internal and external user groups.
- Craft personas, journey mapping, and various supporting documentation based on research insights.
- Create business process flows and documentation based on research sessions.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to identify and evaluate research topics.
- Cultivate and maintain positive mutually beneficial long-term relationships with internal and external research participants.
- Plan and implement user research strategies and methodologies.
- Perform usability studies with various user groups.
- Have fine attention to detail and exceptional written and design skills to provide research findings or presentation materials to be shared across teams.
- Use creative thought and problem-solving skills to assist in finding solutions to complex problems.
- Fully document all work in an organized manner.
- Work in collaborative brainstorm sessions to solve problems creatively with the entire design team.
- Understand best practices, user-oriented design principles, and human-computer interaction conventions.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Previous UX research experience.
- Ability to perform all research-related tasks including research, planning, evaluation, synthesis, and iteration.
- A proven track record of creating research materials and formulating specific and practical questions that reveal user needs successfully.
- Good command over spoken and written communication.
- Excellent client-facing service skills and communication.
- Exceptional documentation and organizational skills.
- Have a can-do attitude when it comes to the unknown or the complex.
- Exhibit exceptional interpersonal skills and successfully communicate across various teams and user groups.
- Solid understanding of UX best practices, UX research methods, and HCI Principles.
- Experience with remote testing tools.
- Ability to pioneer UX best practices across various departments in the company.
- Ability to handle and coordinate multiple projects at once.
- Ability to generate creative ideas and possess a problem-solving mindset.
- Be open to receiving objective criticism and improving upon it.
Bachelor's Degree in User Experience, Data Analysis, Data Science, Business Administration, Graphic Design, IT, HCI, Interactive Design, or equivalent.