About The Job
- Live and have legal authorization to work in Pampanga
- A minimum of 3 years in a user-facing or back of house airline industry or travel agency role, and in-depth experience with multiple GDSes (Sabre/Galileo/Amadeus)
- Exceptional written communication skills in English; bilingualism (ES/FR) is a bonus
- Excellent computer skills, a willingness and an eagerness to excel at technical systems
- A high level of understanding, patience and empathy to navigate difficult customer conversations with professionalism under pressure
- Previous remote work experience and a stellar remote work set-up, including a quiet space, stable internet connection, and a back-up location
- Ability to work full-time hours on a schedule that includes evenings, weekends and holidays
- Commitment to continuous growth and learning. You understand that every challenge is an opportunity and you get excited about learning new things
Customer advocacy is at the heart of Hopper. As a globally distributed team of travel and hospitality enthusiasts and experts, we believe that every interaction before, during and after booking travel with Hopper should earn our travellers' trust and loyalty.
As an agent providing service to Hopper’s Flights customers, you have a passion for the air travel industry, are a natural problem solver who loves to tackle complex air ticketing issues and are a strong written communicator. Hopper's goal is to become the most customer-centric travel company in the industry, and a big part of that is providing the absolute best service to our customers. We are looking for people who love helping others, are persistent, empathetic, kind and curious.Responsibilities
More About Hopper
- Support customers via chat, email and voice to ensure they have the best possible post-booking service (most teammates tend to work with 40+ customers every day). No scripts, human conversation only.
- Engage with customers and provide answers and recommendations that lead to confirmed air bookings and post-booking purchases, specifically process voids, refunds with waivers, exchanges and schedule changes
- Work out of multiple GDSes and a variety of internal tools and systems to assist guests with Hopper air bookings
- Help users navigate the Hopper app, troubleshoot bugs and provide guidance on new features
- Constantly prioritize and re-prioritize a high volume of incoming travel requests for air customers
- Provide an exceptional level of customer service to all users who contact Hopper
- Experiment: we are an adventurous bunch so expect that anything and everything can change!
Today, Hopper is best known as a travel app. We're going to do about $1B in sales this year and weathered the COVID storm better than anyone expected. We just raised $170M from Goldman Sachs and Capital One, and inked a deal to be the exclusive travel provider for Capital One Travel.
We owe our success, in large part, to a proprietary suite of data-driven and risk-based financial services that we have developed that complement a customer's trip-purchasing experience. One example is Price Freeze, where our customers are able to purchase a financial option in the app to lock in any price that they see, on any item, for as short as 1 hour or as long as 21 days with Hopper taking the risk on the other side of the trade.
Now we're laying the groundwork for continued expansion in 2021 by adding great people to our team who can help us compete with the travel giants.