We are looking to hire an Ethernet Tester to join our team and who is excited to work from home (100% remote). One week of paid training will be provided.
This is a contract position with a 30-day minimum guarantee pay and a competitive completion bonus.
What will you really do?
- You’ll be responsible for the maintenance activity from the Metro Ethernet as required to provide and maintain service.
- You’ll analyze network facilities, special service circuits utilizing a variety of menu and non-menu-driven systems to isolate repair problems and restore customer service.
- You’ll utilize technical standards from Telcordia/vendors in order to provide and maintain services to the customer.
Why We Think This Job Is Great
- It’s a remote full-time, 100% remote position where you’ll work from home
- You’ll have clear goals and the training resources you need to deliver. How you execute and deliver is up to you
- One week of paid training will be provided
- 30-day minimum guarantee pay
- Completion bonus
- Knowledge of special service equipment and network connections
- Knowledge of fiber systems Sonet, Metro Ethernet
- Understanding basic digital communication applications
- Knowledge of electronic and digital theory/principle
- Knowledge of Low Bandwidth and High Bandwidth circuits and how it applies in a circuit hierarchy
- Knowledge of service orders, trouble tickets, and circuit diagrams
- Basic understanding of Transport and knowledge of 7100 Tellabs, Flashwaves, and 5150 Ciena
- Knowledge of job-related facility, equipment, plant, tools, products, services, symbols, records, applicable techniques, and applications
- Understanding of the OSI model, specifically Layers 1-3
- Basic understanding of VOIP
- Basic understanding of Ethernet Troubleshooting
- Alcatel-Lucent - 7210,7750, 7450
- Adtran - TA5000, TA3000, NV8044, NV800 series NID’s
- Calix - C7, E5, E7
- Actelis - ML2300, ML1300, ML230, ML130, ML600 series NID’s
- Canoga Perkins
- Cisco - ME3400, ME3600, 6509, 7609, ASR9010, 903, 7606, 3750 and 4900 series
- Juniper - E320, M320, MX480, MX960
- Ciena – LE311V, 3930, 3931, 3940, 3960, 5140
- Dedicated Internet
- Customer premise Managed Router
- Juniper and Cisco Network Routing/Circuit Provisioning
- OSI Layers: Ethernet, IP, MPLS, spanning tree, networking, routers.
- Protocol/layer: Ethernet, HDLC, PPP, MPLS, CDP, LLDP, IPv4, BGP, OSPF, TCP, IP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, SSH, SNMP, Telnet.
- EPL, EVPL, EIA, E-Reach, E-Access, E-Tree
Bold Business is a remote-first, global outsourced-solutions company with over $7B in service solutions over the past 25 years. Our international team helps the world’s leading companies transform their ideas into bold impacts. From Fortune 500 organizations looking to reduce operational costs by 40%-60% to fast-growth startups looking to scale, we work behind the scenes and empower companies to do more for less.
If you like to move fast and have a bias for action, you’ll fit right into our fast-paced, results-based environment. We’re a 100% remote/virtual team environment where you can work from wherever you are.