Reporting to the Director of Technology and working closely with the Accounting System Controller or the Finance Team, this position has two primary responsibilities: the development and maintenance of technology based solutions to support ISY systems and support and maintain the Odoo website.
- Create and/or assist in functional specification, design documents, technical specification for all new and changes to existing development requests by being involved in the analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation phases of technology development projects.
- Provide technical expertise and programming support for technology projects and initiatives.
- Create technical procedures and written documentation for new and existing technology projects.
- Coordinate development on multiple projects.
- Ensure security and reliability of critical time-sensitive school software
- Assist in troubleshooting software application issues.
Odoo Application Manager
- Assist in the maintenance and customization of ISY’s ERP system supporting the following Odoo modules: Finance,Payroll, HR, Inventory, POS, Leave, Ticketing and Budgeting.
- Project Manager of Odoo sub-contractors with new module developments.
- Complete and clear documentation for any task/work done.
- Understand client needs and draft ERP application requirements
- Testing of Odoo modules, projects, products and interfaces.
- Test new functions / modifications to existing application modules in accordance with application support.
- Configuration, installation and maintenance of server and multi database
- Provide information security awareness training to organization personnel
- Creating and managing security strategies
- Oversee information security audits, whether by performed by organization or third-party personnel
- Provide security training to faculty and staff
- Assess current technology architecture for vulnerabilities, weaknesses and for possible upgrades or improvement
- Manage and configure physical security, disaster recovery and data backup systems
- Identify opportunities and make recommendations for custom applications that can improve efficiency of ISY systems.
- Provide support to both the Educational Technology and Systems and Support teams at ISY.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree Computer Science or IT.
- Minimum 3-5 years work experience in a similar position, preferably in an international school setting.
- Experience in Python, Postgresql ,and Linux flavored operating systems is required.
- Knowledge of Odoo MVC architecture.
- Knowledge of Data Models available in Odoo core.
- Excellent command on Python and Odoo framework. (Including Business Logic)
- Technical and Functional knowledge of Odoo.
- Sound knowledge of Server Deployment and Troubleshooting.
- Web Server Security Knowledge and prior experience in Cloud Computing Security
- Knowledge of Version Control System like Git
- Experience with Google Apps for Education / Google Workspace is preferred.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities.
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment with changing priorities.
- Excellent English communication skills both oral and written.
Apply Online: https://apply.workable.com/isyedu/j/DE05723FEB/