Job Overview & Responsibilities
Mythics is seeking a Technical Architect to join a large-scale Federal technology modernization program. As a Technical Architect you will be charged with leading the development and implementation of a technology modernization roadmap for a large Federal program. You must be very well organized, methodical, and able operate autonomously in a project setting. You will serve as a passionate leader, mentor, mediator, and problem solver for our team and the customer. This is a full-time, remote opportunity.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities for the Technical Architect include but are not limited to:
- Provide leadership and direction in making critical technology modernization decisions, guiding technical teams, evaluating technologies, and overseeing implementation of modernization plans.
- Provide insight and recommendations on current and future technology trends using a methodical and technology agnostic approach to find the right solution for the problem.
- Lead the development of a technology modernization plan to enable business capabilities, previously developed in legacy systems, to be enabled on modern technologies and platforms.
- Must be up to date on the current technology landscape, be technology agnostic, and have a passion for staying current and experimenting with new approaches and tools
- Work with complex data and understanding the current technologies available for data analysis, processing, and visualization
- Develop white papers, proposals, and recommendations, which provide thought leadership to the modernization program team members.
- Collaborate with the Business Analysts, test team and leads and provide documentation for customer deliverables
- Act as a technical liaison between business and developer staff, helping translate user and business needs into an understandable architecture for developers.
- Bachelor's Degree and/or equivalent work experience
- 10+ year of experience delivering IT solution in a technology consulting environment
- Must currently perform as a technical architect, leading large technology programs, using technical and enterprise architecture approaches and methodologies
- Must have experience developing and delivering large scale technology modernization projects utilizing open source and cloud-based tools, technologies, and solutions.
- Strong experience with Cloud-based solution, DevSecOps, Data Architecture, and Application Architecture (preferably Java and Oracle)
- Experience leading and managing technical teams and/or performed as a Project/Program Manager at some point in your career
- Experience with Oracle Databases, Oracle Middleware, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Microservices, Containers, and Java Architecture and Design Patterns
- Experience working with Agile or iterative development methodology
- Experience working with complex data and understanding the current technologies available for data analysis, processing, and visualization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience working directly with customers to discuss their requirements and objectives.
- Ability to be a self-starter, prioritize, status, and multitask
Why work at Mythics?
Because at Mythics, YOU count! At Mythics, we have an environment that fosters creative thinking, respects your contributions, and accepts nothing less than excellence in serving our customers. We demonstrate these core principles daily through our corporate Values of Respect – Empathy – Excellence – Fun (REEF). Our REEF values are the foundation of everything we do.
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision plans available for you and your family
- Premier 401k retirement plan with corporate matching and a 529 college saving plan
- Tax-advantaged Health Savings Account and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account options
- Generous PTO bank and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement for continuing education
- Engaging company events such as quarterly awards, annual kick off parties, and FUN Fridays (early release once a month)
- Free gourmet coffee, tea, fresh fruits and healthy snacking alternatives
- Community Service activities and charitable giving programs
- Our GREEN approach – tracking energy consumption for reduction and purchasing only environmentally friendly products for our offices
Founded in 2000, Mythics is an award-winning Oracle systems integrator, consulting firm, managed services provider and elite Oracle platinum resale partner. Our business model is all about deep knowledge of Oracle technologies and business processes . We offer procurement and Oracle systems integration expertise across the full range of Oracle cloud, software, support, hardware, engineered systems, and appliances. It’s a focus that gives us the critical business experience and the Oracle technology advantage you need to succeed.
Mythics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation , gender identity, age, marital status, medical condition, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes. Mythics, Inc. will treat all employees equally with respect to compensation; opportunities for advancement, including upgrading, promotion and transfer, and all other terms and conditions of employment. This company is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, and has designed and agreed to implement an Affirmative Action Program in accordance with Executive Order 11246 and VEVRAA Final Rule. Mythics, Inc. is able to provide alternative methods of application for those who are unable to complete an online form. Please contact [email protected] to arrange reasonable accommodations. To read more about your rights, please visit the Department of Labor Disability Rights Fact Sheet here . For more information about Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination, please view the “EEO is the Law” Poster here .