Neo4j is the leader in graph database technology. As the world’s most widely deployed graph database, we help global brands – including Comcast , NASA , UBS and Volvo – to reveal and predict how people, processes and systems are interrelated. Using this relationships-first approach, applications built using Neo4j tackle connected data challenges such as analytics and artificial intelligence , fraud detection , real-time recommendations and knowledge graphs .Our Vision
At Neo4j, we have always strived to help the world make sense of data.
As business, society and knowledge become increasingly connected, our technology promotes innovation by helping organizations to find and understand data relationships. We created, drive and lead the graph database category, and we’re disrupting how organizations leverage their data to innovate and stay competitive.The Role
Neo4j is the world’s leading graph database and our PreSales Consultants are the people that help customers realize its value every day
. Neo4j has proven to be the go-to data management solution
in use cases such as Fraud Detection, Recommendations Engines, Identity Access Management, Security, IT Management and Operations, Master Data Management and many more.In the Neo4j Field Engineering team, we are technologists
who enjoy working directly with customers in a variety of industries, and with a wide range of technologies and architectures. We provide engineering and architecture leadership and development for the Neo4j-based solutions our customers are building.
of the PreSales Consultants cover a variety of tasks starting from understanding the prospective customers needs and environment, transforming the needs into an architecture containing leading-edge graph database technology and guiding all involved parties through a delivery process. Demonstrating Neo4j as a technology for specific domains, white boarding solution architectures, and engaging at the level of technical decision makers are examples of the day-by-day work. The Senior PreSales Consultant understands business terminology, thinks in technical terms and combines both sides during the entire engagement.
In addition to being Graph Database experts, our PreSales Consultants understand and position
other architectural components in our customers’ stack, such as other Big Data
and NoSQL solutions
, relational databases, caching services, messaging and access layer tools, and various frameworks to participate with Neo4j in a Polyglot Architecture.What You'll Do
What You'll Bring
- Working with our customers’ teams, you’ll lead and contribute to all phases of the Neo4j PreSales projects
- Be an integral part of the Neo4j sales team, helping to persuade prospective Neo4j users of the benefits and advantages of graph database technology
- Position the Neo4j technology within the customer’s environment and architecture
- Discuss solution architectures with our customers to address the technical requirements of our customers’ projects
- Design and build prototype solutions that demonstrate required functionality with Neo4j
- Help prepare solution proposals for our customer’s engineering and management teams that help address the overall project goals
Nice To Haves (not Required Experience)
- 5+ years working in a PreSales or Professional Services Organization
- Extensive understanding and experience with database technologies and data modelling concepts, preferably with one of the leading Big Data Database/Analytics Vendors
- Architecture skills - ie mapping a business to technical requirements and understanding multiple components to build a solution
- Understand the concepts of Java, J2EE/J2SE, Java Script, Docker
- Ability to engage and interact with engineers in an advisory role
- Comfortable and quick with learning new technologies as needed
- Passionate about solving technical problems
- Capable of educating and training small groups
- Great listening skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in sales-focused teams
- A proactive approach to keeping the technical aspects of a sales process on track
- Interest in and understanding of the sales process and the ability to work closely with sales people and prospects to drive successful adoption of Neo4j
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Bachelor or Master degree required
- Ability to work independently, self-directed and remotely in a cross functional organization
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Industry vertical experience in Financial Services, Retail, Government, Security or Telecommunication
- Graph DB related experience ie Neo4j or similar
- Couchbase, Mongo, Marklogic, Teradata knowledge
- Virtualisation and Cloud knowledge
- Visualization (D3, Sigma.js , viz.js , Linkurious, Sawyer) knowledge
- An enthusiasm for blogging about solutions and technology
- Experience of presenting at technical or business events
If you don't match 100%
of what we are looking for, but you think you would have some valuable skillsets to contribute
, please apply
and let us know in your CV/ Cover letter.Why Join Neo4j?
Neo4j is among the 20 most popular databases in the world and the clear leader in the rapidly emerging Graph Data Platform category . We’re well funded and have an experienced management team focused on how organizations should apply data to solve challenging problems for decades to come. We have customers in every industry across the globe, and we build technology that has a proven product/market fit. Joining our team is an opportunity to define the future of data, analytics and automation.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, engaging virtual events and a welcoming team. You will love your co-workers!
Neo4j is a privately held company with our U.S. headquarters in San Mateo, California. We have employees located all over the world, from Thailand to Canada, many of whom work remotely, and we have offices in Sweden (Malmo and Stockholm), the UK (London) and Germany (Munich).
More information at www.neo4j.com .Neo4j Values
Neo4j is a Silicon Valley company with a Swedish soul. We foster collaboration and each of us is empowered to contribute and put our innovative stamp on projects. We hire candidates who reflect the following Neo4j core values:
We value relationships
We focus on user success
We thrive in a culture that is open and inclusive
We assume positive intent
We welcome intellectually honest discussions
We deliver on our commitmentsDiversity, Equity And Inclusion At Neo4j
At Neo4j, we value relationships and that involves building an environment where everyone feels like they belong. We believe strong relationships involve being accountable, bringing our whole selves to work, valuing intellectually honest discussions and being receptive to new ideas and perspectives. One of our central goals is to provide an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace for everyone to develop their potential and have a positive, career-defining experience.Are you intrigued by this role? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t 100% fit the qualifications above.
Neo4j is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Please read the privacy notice regarding Neo4j's recruitment process to understand how we will handle the personal data that you provide.