Balsam International is looking for a talented and driven individual to join our eCommerce team. The Sr. eCommerce Visual Merchandising Specialist will be essential in maintaining and improving the front-end user experience across our portfolio of eCommerce websites. This person must have a high attention to detail and a passion for ensuring the end user experience is clear and well executed. You will support the eCommerce team in new product launches, optimizing product rankings on shopping pages, executing site audits, and assisting with testing across several eCommerce-related projects.
To be successful, you must be a fast learner and able to work well independently. You will oversee multiple projects at once, maintain a big-picture mindset while paying close attention to details, think creatively, and have fun while working! Our ideal candidate is someone motivated by challenges and is both a leader and a doer – someone who gets energized by both setting direction and making things happen in the trenches.
What you’ll be doing:
- Independently prioritize onsite merchandising on Product Listing Pages each day by assessing aesthetic needs and analyzing and incorporating weekly selling data
- Act as the primary eCommerce stakeholder in the product enablement/new product launch (NPI) process; supporting process execution across multiple teams and systems that supports the overall digital product assortment as well as ensuring products launch on time, accurately, and ranked appropriately on site
- Communicate regularly with Online Merchandising Operations and Product Merchandising teams to ensure visual merchandising and product rankings are meeting the needs of selling culture
- Inspire customers to discover products through compelling visual merchandising in all categories
- Balance the art of storytelling with the science of behavioral analytics to drive consumer engagement and conversion
- Collaborate with business leads to support successful implementation of customer-facing changes on all Balsam Brands sites for desktop and mobile; ensuring website content is accurate, relevant and clear
- QA key content regions throughout several web properties including product categorization, taxonomy, internal search, product content, images, sale changes and general ongoing content optimization updates
What you bring to the table:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in eCommerce, Merchandising, or similar
- Experience with CMS, PIM and/or DAM platforms required
- Strong Merchandising sensibility with attention to detail and a customer-centric mindset
- Bachelor’s Degree in Merchandising, Retail Management, or Business/Marketing preferred
- Effective organizational and relationship-building skills with an ability to manage towards multiple deadlines and projects at once; ability to self-prioritize work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in fluent English
- Eagerness to take initiative and consistently exceed expectations with a positive attitude
- Fast learner with willingness to work in a fast-paced environment
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experience in project management platforms, such as JIRA or Trello, a plus
Location: The Sr. eCommerce Visual Merchandising Specialist positionis a remote working position for Balsam International Unlimited Philippine ROHQ in Manila. Team members in the Philippines are located within Metro Manila, Cavite, Rizal, Bulacan or certain parts of Laguna only (Biñan, Cabuyao, Calamba, Los Baños, San Pedro and Santa Rosa).
- Must be willing to attend occasional in-person meetings depending on the status of the pandemic. For 2021, all in-person gatherings in Balsam are suspended until further notice.
- Must have a dedicated, functional laptop that meets the following specifications:
For Windows users:
- OS: Windows 10 - 64 bit or higher
- Processor: Intel Core i3 or better
- RAM/Memory: 4GB or higher
- Hard Drive: 500GB or higher
For Mac users:
- Processor: 2GHz Intel Core i5
- Memory: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
- Start-up Disk: Macintosh HD
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536MB
- Must have a back-up laptop or desktop for use if primary laptop encounters issues.
- Must have a fast, reliable DSL, Fiber, or Broadband connection (not mobile or broadband stick) as the primary internet connection with a minimum actual speed of 10MBPS.
- Must have a back-up internet connection of the same speed if primary connection becomes spotty.
- Must have licensed MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) including Outlook.
Note: An online assessment will also be part of the recruitment process.
Status: Full Time
Benefits & Perks:
- Government-mandated Benefits (SSS, PAG-IBIG, PhilHealth)
- 13th Month Pay
- Paid Leaves
- Internet Subsidy
- Healthcare Coverage (+ 2 dependents)
- Company Incentive
- Maternity, Paternity, and Solo Parent Benefit
- Continuous Learning and Professional Development Benefit
- Mental Health Support
- Volunteer Time Off
- Bereavement Leave