Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the planet.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,000+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world as part of our 'remote first' culture, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you're invited to join the revolution!
Kraken is looking to add a SR. CI/CD Engineer with GitLab Experience to help us drive our CI/CD Pipelines.
- Develop CI/CD principles (strive for efficiency by utilizing processes defined by stakeholders)
- Review and modify CI/CD principles, iteratively
- Maintain CI/CD tools/platforms (self hosted)
- Develop and maintain pipeline configurations (ensure that pipelines are properly defined and performing optimally)
- Automate processes (facilitate processing pipeline commands, inter-platform connectivity, and 3rd party services integrations)
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to setting up, maintaining and development of continuous build/integration infrastructure
- Active driver for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery based application development
- Understanding, learning and applying new automated build, test and deployment capabilities and help develop teams towards integrating such solutions
- Expand awareness, knowledge and experience on automation with in CI/CD pipelines
- Design, propose, facilitate process improvements as needed for supporting automation and DevSecOps.
- Participate in the design of service automation in cloud towards Infrastructure-as-code and engineering of new cloud/on-prem technologies
- Support CI/CD tools integration/operations/change management and maintenance
- Support full automation of CI/ Testing
- Develop policies, standards, guidelines, governance and related guidance for both CI/CD operations and for work of developers
- On-board/train and support developers from source control, through build automation, merge resolution, CI, test automation, deployment based on tools usage and policies, standards
- Write build and deployment scripts
- Implement GitOps approach
Skills And Requirements
- Strong skillset and experience establishing CI/CD pipelines/GitOps using modern and available tools such as Gitlab (preferred), Jenkins, Drone, Mule, Spinnaker, ArgoCD, Concourse etc
- Strong skillset on integrating and operating Static and Dynamic Code Scans for security testing with pipelines
- Ability to provision, monitor, optimize and scale CI/CD infrastructure using API's
- Knowledge and/or experience on designing, developing, deploying, and CI/CD in a DevOps environment
- Experience with Docker containers and Kubernetes and other types of Microservices and Container technologies
- Strong experience working with automating tooling such as Terraform, Ansible, etc
- Interest and ability to learn other technologies and tools as needed
- Strong communication skills
- Keen analytical skills
- Ability to decompose complex processes into understandable components
- Proficiency in automating and optimizing processes
- Competent in team building and team communication strategies
Location Tagging: #EU #US #APAC
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers .
Stay in the know
Follow us on Twitter
Catch up on our blog
Follow us on LinkedIn