This is a remote position.
Are you a Database developer who can design stable and reliable databases, according to specific company’s needs? This opportunity may be for you!
Our client is a software development & consulting firm specializing in industry-specific solutions and helps senior executives in Utilities and Local Government get more from their IT systems.
They are looking for a Database developer who will be responsible for developing, testing, improving and maintaining new and existing databases to help users retrieve data effectively.
As part of their IT team, you will work closely with developers to ensure system consistency. You will also collaborate with administrators and clients to provide technical support and identify new requirements. Communication and organization skills are keys for this position, along with a problem-solution attitude. Ultimately, you should be able to ensure their database systems run effectively and securely on a daily basis.
- Design stable, reliable and effective databases
- Optimize and maintain legacy systems
- Modify databases according to requests and perform tests
- Solve database usage issues and malfunctions
- Liaise with developers to improve applications and establish best practices
- Gather user requirements and identify new features
- Develop technical and training manuals
- Provide data management support to users
- Ensure all database programs meet company and performance requirements
- Research and suggest new database products, services and protocols
- At least 6-8 years experience as a SQL/Database developer
- In-depth understanding of data management (e.g. permissions, recovery, security and monitoring)
- Knowledge of software development and user interface web applications
- Hands on experience with SQL
- Excellent analytical and organization skills
- An ability to understand front-end users’ requirements and a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field
Work From Home Requirements
- At least 10mbps internet connection
- Back up internet connection, postpaid or prepaid
- Laptop or Desktop with updated operating systems (at least core i5 or higher)
- Backup laptop or desktop (at least core i5 or higher)
- Headset with mic
- No background noise during work hours
- Must not be currently employed full time