Biofourmis is a rapidly growing, global digital health company filled with committed, passionate professionals who care about augmenting personalized care and empowering people with complex chronic conditions to live better and healthier lives. We are pioneering an entirely new category of medicine by developing clinically validated, software-based therapeutics to provide improved outcomes for patients, smarter engagement & tracking tools for clinicians, and cost-effective solutions for payers. We are collectively devoted to a single-minded idea: powering personally predictive care.
Our dynamic growth has been marked by quadrupled headcount in the last 12 months via both expansion & acquisition, yielding a global footprint with offices in Boston, Singapore, Bangalore, and Zurich. We are backed by prominent international venture capital investment & have cultivated relationships with worldwide healthcare stakeholders over the last 5 years. Our talented team features numerous PhD's in Data Science and Biostatistics, over 80 patents, prolific scientific publications, world-class systems, developers & engineers, and leaders in the clinical operations space.Summary
Biofourmis' technology is applicable to a multitude of different therapeutics areas. We are building out a dramatically expanded of solutions to address heart failure, oncology, and infectious diseases. The Software Engineer – Android will work closely with the Product team, UI/UX designers and QA engineers to develop, delivery and maintain high quality mobile applications.Responsibilities
Experience / Training
- Work closely with the Product team, UI/UX Designers and QA Engineers to develop, release and maintain high quality mobile applications.
- Develop modularized code for reusability and increase efficiency.
- Explore and evaluate the practicality of new technologies to improve existing processes and/or products.
- Be accountable and take ownership of your own work.
- 3-5 years of android application development experience
- Strong programming experience in Kotlin and/or Java
- Deep understanding about Android SDK, OOP, SOLID principles
- Working knowledge with several architectural approaches including MVVM and popular libraries.
- Experience building maintainable and testable code bases, including unit testing and UI testing techniques.
- Extensive experience in maintaining applications, crash analytics, remote debugging, continuous integration and version control.
- Developed and maintained apps that have been pushed to Google Play.
- Experience working in an Agile based development work culture with TDD.
- Experience in developing custom UI components.
- Experience working with Bluetooth wearable devices is a plus.
- Experience implementing audio/video calls is a plus.
- Bachelor/Master's degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or relevant field.
- Ability to work with multiple priorities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and also to collaborate with other team members.