Xendit provides payment infrastructure across Southeast Asia, with a focus on Indonesia and the Philippines. We process payments, power marketplaces, disburse payroll and loans, provide KYC solutions, prevent fraud, and help businesses grow exponentially. We serve our customers by providing a suite of world-class APIs, eCommerce platform integrations, and easy to use applications for individual entrepreneurs, SMEs, and enterprises alike.
Our main focus is building the most advanced payment rails for Southeast Asia, with a clear goal in mind — to make payments across in SEA simple, secure and easy for everyone. We serve thousands of businesses ranging from SMEs to multinational enterprises, and process millions of transactions monthly. We've been growing rapidly since our inception in 2015, onboarding hundreds of new customers every month, and backed by global top-10 VCs. We're proud to be featured on among the fastest growing companies by Y-Combinator.
Our Experiments team builds growth engines for Xendit through experimental products. We do this by pushing the frontiers of what is possible in the industry and creating modern solutions to old problems.
As part of the Experiments team, you are part of a team that builds from 0 to 1. We are looking for an intermediate QA engineer who is passionate about testing and ensuring the quality of new experimental builds, and who enjoys working with business teams to innovate and iterate a product that delivers on quality and user experience.
It will help if you have a strong interest in growth (personally and professionally) and, therefore, a continuous improvement mindset. We also highly regard someone that is unyielding in reliable, scalable, and readable code.
You will join a small technical team that will drive growth. To solve for customers, you will also work closely with our business teams and work directly with our CEO.
- Work with product owners, software engineers, customer support, and account management stakeholders to understand product requirements and user pain points to assemble a set of test cases
- Automate the testing of your product, differentiating between smoke, sanity, and regression tests
- Perform manual exploratory testing on new and higher-risk items
- Manage and triage reported defects
- Assess customer support ticket data and business feedback to identify opportunities for improvement in product quality and user happiness
- Continuously improve our testing infrastructure to ensure its reliability and scalability
- Champion QA best practices across the experiments org
- Do whatever it takes to make Xendit succeed
You may be a good fit if
- Intermediate to senior level of professional experience within the QA field
- Good level of understanding of the software development life cycle and lean/agile QA methodologies
- Hands on experience in test automation and e2e testing framework eg cypress
- Working knowledge of QA automation best practices using BDD frameworks such as Cucumber and Gherkin
- Good level of understanding of QA process, Test planning, Test case generation and Defect management(JIRA)
- A solid understanding of how REST APIs and the Browser DOM work, and the ability to debug errors using tools such as Postman and your favourite browser's developer tools
- Enjoy working in a group and collaborate with cross functional teams to get things done
- A critical thinker, an innovator, creative and has good problem solving skills
- API test automation experience
- Communicate well
You will be at an advantage if
- Experience working with core systems of modern banks, financial institutions or financial applications
- Familiar with Domain-Driven Design
- Comfortable with modern DevOps: k8s, terraform
What We Care About
- Solve for the customer first: You build what customers want. You think about what is right for customers, not what is easiest for you
- Demonstrate mastery of honey badgery: You make ambitious goals. Then execute…no matter what stands in the way. When knocked down, you get up
- Take on challenges willingly and can be trusted to execute: You can be trusted to get things done right the first time quickly. You hit your deadlines
- You're like us: You smile a lot, think work is fun and don't take yourself too seriously. You measure yourself against the best and believe feedback is the breakfast of champions. You follow the golden rule.
- You're remarkable: People naturally talk about how awesome you are. If we can't find someone who raves about you then it's unlikely we will too.