SOFTWARE DEVELOPER - PHILIPPINES
The Software Developer I creates, enhances and maintains business applications, configures custom code to support the company’s business needs and marshals those configurations through a standard SDLC progression. Additionally, the SD I is accountable for project deliverables in line with quality targets and SLAs whilst adhering to best practices, Good Clinical Practice (GCP), the company’s processes and global industry regulations. Working under the direction of the Team Lead, they will provide advanced technical support to customers and internal clients, answering questions on function and usage of product. Possesses in-depth product knowledge and expert knowledge of user’s applications. The Software Developer I will also be expected to execute TDAS Site Support and Build Specialist tasks.
Key Accountabilities/Decision Making & Influence
- Support Team Lead and the Department Head in meeting business objectives as set forth in Goals and Objectives.
- Works with the Solution Services department to gain an understanding of the business requirements for assigned tasks.
- Supports all phases of verification/testing by efficiently diagnosing and resolving defects.
- Coordinates with the Team Lead and/or other developers to gain an understanding of design patterns, standards to be followed, and resource capacity planning.
- Performs TDAS Site Supports and Build Specialist tasks as required.
- Completes unit testing, creates documentation, and executes peer reviews as required.
- Collaborate with the Product team to integrate implemented code and database objects into release applications.
- Understands and follows all coding standards and adheres to Bit Bucket source control, versioning best practices and operational process requirements when executing study configuration tasks.
- Regularly communicate the status updates of assigned tasks to internal and external stakeholders.
- Willingly and openly adopts and supports iterative process improvements set forth by Team Leads and Department Heads.
#LI – CJ1
#LI – REMOTE
Diversity and Inclusion Competencies
- Dedication and commitment to promote diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion in all work activities
- Ability to collaborate in diverse teams to foster productive outcomes.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical major.
- Demonstrated experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Two to four years of experience professionally developing software or equivalent.
- Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio and Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate problem solving skills and ability to escalate when necessary
- Ability to provide succinct and accurate feedback to the client and the teams about progress and outcomes
- Ability to work in a team environment; establish and maintain effective work relationships with co-workers within and across functional areas.
- Has great attention to detail and accuracy in what they do and takes pride in delivery a high quality output
- Excellent time management, communication, team working and organizational skills
At Signant Health, accepting difference isn’t enough—we celebrate it, we support it, and we nurture it for the benefit of our team members, our clients and our community. Signant Health is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.