Crossover is the world's #1 source of remote full-time jobs. Our clients offer top-tier pay for top-tier talent. We're recruiting this role for our client, Trilogy. Have you got what it takes?
Are you ready to give your career the long-awaited booster shot that will fast-track your learning by 10X? Have you been yearning to explore the full potential of cutting-edge cloud-native technologies without worrying about costs? Are you passionate about making technical design decisions that shape the product architecture?
This is your opportunity to embark on a unique journey where you will work on a different product every week and make technical decisions for over 100 software products. While most architects work on one or two products a year; in this role, you will learn about, follow, and expand on dozens of architectural design patterns; refining and applying your skills on a daily basis. This is a purely technical role and is a great fit for people who are passionate about architectural designs, put a lot of thought into their technical decisions, and are looking for an avenue to use them/write them down to shape the product architecture and see them come to fruition. You will spend your time making decisions that answer questions such as:
What You Will Be Doing
- What is important to define when using a particular cloud service/technology?
- What is the simplest way to integrate a set of technologies?
- What are the key technology limitations that would impact our design and how can we overcome them?
- How to ensure that important product functionality is preserved when rearchitecting products on the Cloud (AWS/GCP)?
Each week you will have a different design document to work on and a release specification to create. Each architectural design is usually broken down into 2-4 releases and you might work on all releases for a product or selected releases for different products. You will have the opportunity to learn and work on a wide variety of products with distinct tech stacks and business domains so you will be continuously challenged. In this role, you will be:
What You Won’t Be Doing
- Expanding on dozens of state-of-the-art architectural design patterns by defining how to use and integrate best-of-breed technologies to deliver robust cloud-native solutions on AWS and GCP.
- Holding Engineering to high standards by defining the acceptance criteria to measure their deliverables against.
Designing the whole architectural solution. Our CTO team defines the building blocks/key technologies to use, while our Architects turn that design into actionable release specifications by making important decisions about how to best use/integrate those technologies. This is a technical position that translates high-level design patterns into product-specific releases that serve as guardrails for Engineering to follow when building the product. Therefore, in this role you won’t be:
Software Architect Key Responsibilities
- Talking to customers to develop a backlog of features they wish our products had
- Participating in daily scrum meetings or providing day-to-day direction to an engineering team
- Making low-level decisions about what coding language to use or choosing frameworks and libraries
- Performing code reviews, debugging, or investigating bugs and outages
- Permanently assigned to a single product.
- Defining Release Technical Requirements by synthesizing architectural design documents into a list of clearly mapped design decisions/requirements
- Making Important Technical Decisions about how to use/integrate the technology choices defined in a higher-level design document.
- Producing well-written specifications that document your design decisions and outline technical requirements for a release.
- Reviewing and Signing off on Engineering deliverables to make sure that your design is well implemented.
- A university degree including the study of data structures, algorithms, and computing fundamentals.
- At least 3 years of experience writing Object-oriented production code for a commercial software company.
- At least 2 years leading a development team, i.e. responsible for reviewing code written by other, setting dev standards
- At least 1 year of experience making important architecture and design decisions; such as data domain modeling, application of design patterns, and design using third-party components.
- Some experience designing for cloud computing paradigms (such as Amazon Web Services, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform).
- The ability to simplify complex ideas and communicate them with clear, logical thinking.
- Experience rebuilding/redesigning existing products on top of entirely new cloud services (for example all the AWS services beyond EC2 and S3).
- Experience writing technical architecture documents
- AWS/Azure/GCP Certifications
Hundreds of software businesses run on the Trilogy Business Platform. For three decades, Trilogy has been known for 3 things: Relentlessly seeking top talent, Innovating new technology, and incubating new businesses. Our technological innovation is spearheaded by a passion for simple customer-facing designs. Our incubation of new businesses ranges from entirely new moon-shot ideas to rearchitecting existing projects for today's modern cloud-based stack. Trilogy is a place where you can be surrounded with great people, be proud of doing great work, and grow your career by leaps and bounds.
There is so much to cover for this exciting role, and space here is limited. Hit the Apply button if you found this interesting and want to learn more. We look forward to meeting you!What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
- You will be paired up with one of our recruiting specialists who can answer questions you might have about the process, role, or company, and help you get to the final interview step.
If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form - by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just reset your password by visiting https://www.crossover.com/auth/reset-password if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-3335-SG-Singapor-SoftwareArchit.012