With tremendous market success in our Cloud Applications, especially in ERP Cloud, Higher Ed institutions have expressed unprecedented interest in embarking on a cloud adoption journey with Oracle. Student Information Systems, a critical functional area to complete in our SaaS footprint for Higher Ed, is one top investment priority for Oracle. With over 800+ institutions using Campus Solutions today, our charter is to strike the balance of accelerating the delivery of Student Cloud while continue to deliver value for existing Campus Solutions customers.
We leverage agile development methodology (scrum) to facilitate the development of our products. Our development practices include empowered scrum teams, continuous build and integration, weekly sprint reviews, and a heavy emphasis on testing early and often.
You should be able to work independently, mentor others, and be a highly contributing member of an agile team. You should possess excellent organization, planning, and time management skills, with a successful track record of managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
This position is located in Manila. We are looking for a hands-on senior engineer with a passion for developing our Student Cloud solution.
Candidate will be responsible for:
- Playing a role in a world class, geographically distributed development team
- Delivering large-scale projects on-time with high quality
- Guiding and mentoring other developers in day-to-day design and coding tasks
- Designing and developing features, defect fixes, and automated tests
- Working closely with Product Architects, Product Managers, Quality Assurance, and other development teams
- Developing REST web services and servlets using Java and J2EE technologies
- Participating in code reviews
- Ensuring compliance with development best practices and technical process
- Keeping abreast of the latest technologies (including Oracle technologies) and assimilating them into the product
- Experience with database design/modelling, and knowledge of RDBMS concepts
- years of practical experience in product development, enterprise apps preferred
- Experience with cloud platforms and cloud technologies/deployments
- Highly experienced and passionate about developing web UIs using modern Java Script libraries and/or frameworks (Angular, React, Node, Knockout, RequireJS, jQuery, TypeScript, Mocha, Chai, Jasmine, etc.)
- Strong experience in Java technologies such as JSP, Servlets, Web services, REST, etc.
- Experience developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, GWT, Spring MVC)
- Possess a thorough understanding of OO principles
- Experience in the higher education product/domain or Fusion Tech Stack (Jdeveloper, ADF) preferred
- Excellent analysis and prioritization skills
- Self-starter, able to deliver projects on time meeting high quality standards
- Aggressive, ability to find solutions
- Effective communication skills (written and spoken) and strong problem solving skills
Creative, analytical, adaptive, good team player, committed to quality, self-motivated