About HCL Software
HCL Software is a division of HCL Technologies that operates its primary software business. We develop, market, sell, and support over 20 product families in the areas of DevSecOps, Automation, Digital Solutions, Data Management, Marketing, and Commerce. We have offices and labs around the world to serve thousands of customers. Our innovative and fresh business approach offers technology solutions to solve real customer problems with a customer-centric focus that is the foundational element of the HCL Software business philosophy. Our goal is to build stronger relationships with our customers and ensure their long-term success with our software.
About the job
HCL Software is looking for a Technical Writer with experience creating end user and administration
content, good writing and editing skills, and a keen eye for detail. In this role you will create, develop, and maintain customer facing documentation and videos for new and existing users. The Central Engineering Documentation Team supports the following products: Notes, Domino, Designer, Digital Experience, Sametime, Connections, Volt MX and SafeLinx. This position is for the Sametime products where you will handle all aspects of producing end user and administration documentation including writing, proofreading, editing, running documentation builds, and managing localization efforts.
- 7+ years relevant work experience (development and/or writing)
- Strong writing skills; even stronger research skills. Candidates for this position must be able to synthesize information from a multitude of resources and pull all relevant information together into a comprehensive deliverable.
- Knowledge of MarkDown, HTML 5, DITA, Oxygen
- Knowledge of GitHub and Jira
- Experience creating developer based information that meets audience requirements.
- Experience working in an Agile or continuous delivery development environment.
- Ability to work independently, while maintaining an extremely strong sense of responsibility and commitment to teamwork.
- Ability to juggle multiple parallel assignments while adapting to, planning for, and reacting to constant change.
- Knowledge of information development processes and tools,
- Including: DITA, Oxygen, WebHelp, GitHub, Swagger or other markdown tool. Run local documentation builds, and troubleshoot build issues.
- Experience in collaborating with Design and Development in creating embedded assistance.
- Experience in eLearning development tools such as Captivate or Camtasia.
- Experience with progressive disclosure.
- Experience creating conversational style writing
- Experience documenting APIs
- Skills at defining, estimating, planning, and managing projects
- Basic knowledge in understanding SEO concepts and how readers find and use content
- Experience with designing/developing learning materials.
Work Location:Remote Setup but HCL Software office is located in Estancia – Capitol Commons, Pasig City, Metro Manila.
Shift: Mid Shift OR Night Shift
Some perks of HCL Software Philippines that awaits you!
- Competitive salary package
- Company Bonuses
- Performance Bonus
- Higher Night Differential Rate
- HMO: Up to 3 dependents will be covered starting from the first day of employment.
- Annual Leave and Sick Leave
- Home internet reimbursement
- Other allowances: transportation, laundry, meal and rice
- Huge career growth with work and life balance environment
*Only applicants who are eligible to work in The Philippines without any VISA assistance will be entertained.*