We’re the technology leader building the modern home management platform. Today, millions of people use Thumbtack to effortlessly manage their homes. We help them confidently know what to do, when to do it and who to hire.
Our goal is simple: to be the only platform homeowners need to fix, maintain and improve their homes. As a long-term partner for homeowners, our promise is to turn what was once confusing and intimidating into something straightforward — and a lot less stressful.
At Thumbtack, we're not just creating a new era of homeownership. We’re supporting local economies and building stronger communities. Each day, we connect local professionals across America with busy homeowners so they can grow their businesses.
Thumbtack is for everyone. Our customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Our North Star is bright and our ambitions are big. We’ve been at this for over a decade, but the way we see it: we’re just getting started.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available in all 3,143 U.S. counties.
- Nearly 4.5 million customers in the last 12 months
- Hundreds of thousands of local professionals on our platform
- 65 million projects started on Thumbtack
- Over 7 million 5-star reviews left for stellar pros
About the Proactive Outreach Team
The Customer Proactive Outreach team at Thumbtack is well versed in handling a multitude of customer questions and situations. The team is composed of positive and dedicated individuals who are committed to understanding how we can continue to provide an exceptional, seamless customer experience. As we continue to grow in this marketplace, we are expanding our efforts in the outbound outreach sector. We are at the forefront of the in-product recovery experience with our proactive agents and are looking forward to continued success with these initiatives.
About The Role
The Senior Team Leader (Outbound Sales) will be heading a team of Proactive Outreach Specialists who are responsible for ensuring that we provide a delightful experience to our customers by proactively engaging with them in in-depth discussions through phone outreach to check in on their current project and finding other projects on their to-do list to submit to Thumbtack Pros. The main responsibilities of a Senior Team Leader (Outbound Sales) are making sure that the team runs smoothly, KPIs and individual targets are met, team members are engaged and live up to our Thumbtack values, company policies are implemented and continuous improvement of operations and processes are ensured. By effectively managing and leading the team, you help ensure that Thumbtack pros and customers are set up for success.
- ResponsibilitiesPeople Management
- Performance & Development
- Hold regular coaching sessions, huddles, calibrations, and team meetings
- Manage, coach, and mentor your team to handle contacts correctly and efficiently. Handle escalated cases as necessary.
- Create and facilitate a customized development plan for every team member to enable them to achieve their full potential
- Complete specialist scorecards and provide regular feedback to them
- Address any performance issues
- Culture & Ways of Work
- Communicate and cascade timely and concisely all the updates, company policies, events, programs, and all other information that are relevant to the team members
- Make the team always updated on the company policies and implement them fairly, objectively, and consistently
- Provide feedback and hold employee conversations when necessary
- Manage conflict and maintain strong teamwork, respect, and trust among members
- Be an ambassador and live up to Thumbtack values
- Foster high morale, engagement, and camaraderie within the team
- Nurture a psychologically safe environment and culture of proactively surfacing findings, giving suggestions, and speaking up ideas
- Create, coordinate and deliver performance reviews and compensation conversations for every team member
- Ensure compliance to and completion of coaching documents for team members.
- Ensure timekeeping details of your team are accurate and updated
- Operations Management
- Manage the day-to-day operations
- Set team members’ expectations, monitor, and support them to meet their KPIs and other operational metrics; coach team members when needed
- Provide constant support to the specialists including handling of escalations or edge cases
- Report and manage any technical issues encountered by the team affecting their work
- Manage the staffing when necessary
- Work with the relevant cross-functional teams when needed to ensure smooth operations
- Monitor and report unusual trends and anything that could affect the operations
- Continuous improvement
- Find ways and means to improve KPIs, guidelines, and processes
- Write, manage, improve and update task guidelines and SOPs
- Look at trends and surface insights that could minimize/eliminate risks on or improve the operations
- Work on weekly reports and other related reports.
- Function as a Business Continuity Plan (BCP) Committee member to ensure readiness and proper execution of BCP
- Other responsibilities
- Participate and contribute to the quarterly team planning sessions
- Participate and contribute to the team policies and to the new initiatives created/built by the management group of TPH
- Participate in interviewing candidates during Proactive Outreach Specialist hiring
- Participate in improving and facilitating operational processes and infrastructure (e.g. onboarding process improvement and facilitation, dashboard and report improvements, etc.)
- Accept and effectively manage new projects for the Proactive Outreach team or for TPH
- Stakeholder Management
- Build and maintain stakeholder relationships both onshore and offshore on a daily basis
- Work with the partners from San Francisco, Salt Lake, and Toronto offices to improve policies and processes
- Present weekly metrics in global meetings and provide operational and business insights
- Work cross-collaboratively with enablement teams from the Philippines (Training, QA, Workforce Management, Analytics, HR)
- Team Structure and Inter-Team Working Relationships
- Manage a team of 10-15 specialists
- Collaborate with business partners in San Francisco, Salt Lake, and Toronto to ensure alignment in processes and guidelines.
- Attend weekly meetings with global teams to read out your team’s performance (via ops dashboard) and report any operational and business insights.
- Report to the Sr. Manager of Operations who would be accountable for ensuring that the expectations and all necessary metrics are met.
- The Proactive Outreach Team in the Philippines is a part of the larger Customer Experience Operations global group, with business counterparts in San Francisco and Salt Lake City headquarters.
- Must-Have Qualifications
- If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- At least 4 years of professional experience in the BPO, shared services, or similar industry, 3 years of which have been spent on a leadership capacity/level
- Strong preference for those with the following experience:
- Working and managing both voice account and non-voice account that handles SMS, Chat, and Email contacts
- Previous experience in handling a team with sales and customer service focus metrics - CSAT, Sales, AHT, and Quality
- Working on operations or projects which involve supporting and resolving issues in online marketplaces, communities, e-commerce, and or consumer/app products
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Willingness to work during the day, mid or graveyard shift, and rotating rest days
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced tech startup environment
- Nice-To-Have Qualifications
- Experience using Salesforce and Teleopti is preferred but not required
- Experience in project management
- Background and/or training in process improvement methodologies such as Lean or Six Sigma
- Background and/or training in COPC
- More About Us
- Thumbtack is a technology leader building the modern home management platform. Through the Thumbtack app, homeowners can effortlessly manage their homes — confidently knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. Bringing the $500 billion home services industry online, Thumbtack empowers millions of homeowners to fix, maintain, and improve their most valuable asset.
- Founded in 2008, Thumbtack is backed by over $500 million in funding from folks that include Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford.
- See what it’s like to work here
- Meet the pros who inspire us
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Discover our virtual first plan
- Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated.
- Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.