Crossover is the world's #1 source of remote full-time jobs. Our clients offer top-tier pay for top-tier talent. We're recruiting this role for our client, GT School. Have you got what it takes?
Are you a seasoned gaming industry veteran? Do you wish to apply your skills to make a deeper impact? Do you believe that software can be used to revolutionize the education industry? If so, this is the perfect role for you!
Software is transforming almost every aspect of human life, and yet education is stuck firmly in the industrial age, stubbornly resisting progress and impeding innovation. GT School intends to fix this by plucking software from the fringes and placing it at the very heart of education.This role will allow you to retain your gaming skills honed over many years and deploy them in improving the education industry. You will also have the opportunity to not merely work with cutting-edge cloud technology but to push it to its very limits!
In this role, you will combine your advanced coding skills and software architecture expertise with your gaming acumen to solve problems permanently and improve product quality dramatically. Moreover, the moderate commercial release pressure provides adequate space for you to focus on building outstanding products that can unlock the immense potential of gifted and talented kids.
If you share our dream of creating an education metaverse, this is your chance for the ultimate level-up!What You Will Be Doing
What You Won’t Be Doing
- Pull Request: Building directly on top of AWS, utilizing the full power and range of the platform to generate simple solutions that are easy to maintain
- Code Review: Reviewing Pull Requests from your team members to ensure that all code changes reflect your super-high quality standards
- Root Cause Analysis: Cracking the code on the toughest bugs by diving deep to find the true root cause and identifying permanent fixes based on your analysis
Senior Software Engineer Key Responsibilities
- Putting in temporary hacks: In this role, you will be the authority on code quality. Anything that doesn’t meet your quality standards is a no-go.
- Worrying about merging large chunks of code before a major release: Our automation makes sure that your release time is measured in seconds, not weeks.
- Deliver high quality code with design level considerations and substantial product impact
- Propose permanent fixes to product outages based on root cause analysis
About GT School
- Ability to understand and pick up new technologies: We are not looking for expertise in any specific technology, rather your willingness to learn them
- Ability to work 100% remotely
GT School is a stealth educational startup in Austin, TX (center of educational innovation in US). We are building an online community focusing on the most underserved customer base in US education - GT kids (gifted and talented). We are a remote first company who hires globally via Crossover.
There is so much to cover for this exciting role, and space here is limited. Hit the Apply button if you found this interesting and want to learn more. We look forward to meeting you!What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form - by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just reset your password by visiting https://www.crossover.com/auth/reset-password if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-4641-PH-IVACalab-SeniorSoftware