Hire Digital is seeking a Senior Backend Engineer who will design and develop robust application web services. The Senior Backend Engineer will also be responsible to analyze current code, know the industry developments, come up with processes, and develop a seamless experience for users.
This is a remote position. We welcome candidates from any location. Resumes are to be submitted in English.
What you'll be doing:
- Analyze existing Python code, data, and processes to come up with solutions and identify the areas of improvement.
- Collaborate with front-end developers to design functional and cohesive code that will enhance user experience.
- Participate in BizOps and DevOp meetings to ensure integration between all parts of the platform and project plan.
- Create code and tests, build prototypes, solve issues, profile and analyze pain points.
- Write and review unit and functional test automation scripts to ensure correct information is transmitted over our various API channels.
- Optimize web servers to ensure performance and scalability.
- Regularly update stakeholders on the progress of the project roadmap.
- Participate in code reviews to maintain a high-quality code culture.
- Work with and mentor junior engineers on best practices.
- A degree in computer programming, computer science, or a related field.
- 5-8 years of experience working in a software engineering role.
- Strong hands-on experience working with the Python programming language.
- Experience working with Python frameworks (e.g. Django, Flask)
- Hands-on experience building RESTful APIs and working with GraphQL, Websockets.
- In-depth understanding of computer science fundamentals (e.g. data structures, algorithms, operating systems, networks, databases).
- Deep experience working with relational databases (e.g. PostgresSQL), and technologies such ad Redis, Elasticsearch, Solr.
- Experience building large, scalable distributed systems with a good understanding microservices architecture.
- Experience with performance tuning, caching, and concurrency handling.
- Able to work independently and collaboratively.
- Project and time management skills.
- Strong problem solving and verbal and written communication skills.
About Hire Digital
Hire Digital is a freelance network of top talents in digital marketing, web development, and design. Our clients work with high-performing teams as well as individual talents who have gone through a rigorous screening process. Clients such as Shopify, Expedia, and Stripe have access to high-performing talents on-demand, with guaranteed performance.
Powered by JazzHR