Smarter Health's vision is to make healthcare accessible, affordable and accountable.
Through data and technology, we simplify the healthcare ecosystem by facilitating the interaction between stakeholders, enabling:
- Patients to get the right care at the right cost,
- Providers to focus on attending to patients while eliminating unnecessary processes,
- Payors to better serve their policyholders at their time of need.
- Full remote work. You can work from home every day.
- A solid tech team. We are just a few people, so everyone counts. We make sure that when we hire someone, the person is a good technical and cultural match
- Flexible working hours. Get the job done at your own pace.
- Ownership and responsibility.
- Teamwork, open communication, and respect for one another.
- Continuous learning and improvement.
- Hands-on developer who writes high quality, clean and maintainable code that is modular, functional and testable.
- Take ownership and rapidly iterate while collaborating actively as part of a small and talented team.
- Lead the design, implementation, and delivery for engineering efforts across a program.
- Create or introduce, test, and deploy new technology to optimize the service.
- Actively provide constructive feedback to other developers through code reviews or different channels.
- Experience with Scala. Like a lot of it. This will be your bread and butter.
- Experience with webapp frameworks such as Play.
- Experience building REST APIs.
- Working knowledge of relational databases such as Postgres/MySQL.
- Experience with micro-service design.
- Desire to work for an early stage startup and contribute at a high level.
- Experience designing scalable fault tolerant platforms that are resilient to infrastructure failures.
- Experience with other languages like Java, Kotlin or Python. But any other would give you points as well.
- Experience working in an Agile environment. A real one, not Corporate Agile, Agilefall, Fragile, or any other of those bastardized versions of Agile.
- Test driven design. Someone who thinks first about tests would be a great addition.