Backed by some of the world's top reputed venture capital funds, CoLearn was incorporated in early 2020 with the goal of making Indonesia competitive on a global scale. We aim to provide the best educational content and technology possible to advance STEM education.
Our team love what they do and are on a mission to revolutionize the way education is offered and perceived in Indonesia traditionally. We are committed to make learning fun, accessible and safe. Our culture of putting students' learning experience, employee ownership and leadership transparency as a priority empowers our team to achieve goals, they didn't think possible.
We are looking for people who are passionate, curious, collaborative, committed and fun loving to join our innovative fast-growing company that is determined to shape the future of the ed-tech industry. Our product and engineering teams in India have multiple roles, give us a shout to know more!
About The Company
- 💰 Early-stage, ed-tech, funded, growing, growing fast.
- 🎯 Mission Driven: Make Indonesia competitive on a global scale.
- 🥅 Build the best educational content and technology to advance STEM education
- 🥇 Students-First approach
About The People
- ❤️ Love what we do
- 🎮 Committed to making learning fun, accessible, and safe
- 🤝 Teams are better. We value ownership, responsibility, transparency
- 🌏 Global, diverse backgrounds. Been there, done that.
🌏 Remote done right
- Distributed does not mean working in isolation, feeling alone, being buried in Zoom calls.
- Our leadership team has been WFH for 10+ years now and we know how remote teams work. This will be a place to belong.
- A good balance between deep focussed work and collaborative work ⚖️
As a Senior Product Researcher, you will:
Provide key insights that will help us scale CoLearn as a platform. You'll inform us on what we'll build to how we'll build it based on the needs of our users. Aside from doing what you love - conducting primary and secondary research, planning empathy research, exploring Indonesian student's behavior and motivation etc; you'll also enable your colleagues to learn and apply research skills in our daily work. Help us build a workplace where data and research is incorporated in our DNA.
- Ready to hit the ground running by designing and conducting user research such as user interviews, usability testings, diary studies, ethnography, and journey maps to help identify students' needs, pain points and aspirations.
- Define how we put users first when conducting research: advocate, preach, and develop the user research practice within CoLearn.
- Mentor and coach early career researchers (who are driven and eager to get their hands dirty).
- Balance quantitative and qualitative research methods to drive product direction and implementation.
- Compile and present findings to stakeholders in a clear, actionable, and compelling way. Able to captivate your stakeholders through a detailed narrative explaining your work, process, and decisions to cross-functional stakeholders and crave feedback to help you produce your best work.
- Work in a highly collaborative fashion as a strategic partner to our global team of Product Managers, designers, UX writers, and engineers to define both the long-term and short-term strategy for our products by grounding these decisions in user needs and insights
That means you are:
- ❤️ A problem solver at heart. You're also obsessed with our students.
- ⌛ Have 4-5 years of experience.
- 🔬 A curious researcher by nature, you know how to use a variety of research methods, applying it in online and offline settings.
- 🙌 A team player who wants to do hands-on research with an early stage team; from planning to analysis and insights delivery.
- 🔊 Able to lead, design, execute, and communicate impactful research in a fast-paced, earlier stage product development process. You know just how to integrate research into a product design roadmap.
- 🤓 Intrigued by complex technical and business requirements and have no problem simplifying it into research with young students.
- ✅ Fluent in both English and Indonesian, with a knack of starting conversations with teenagers and junior / senior high school students alike.
- ✅ Organized and love to document your processes and findings.
- 🚀 Comfortable with a fast-paced work environment, able to deal with ambiguity, and excited to drive projects forward.
- 🎯 Relentlessly focusing on users and solving their needs and wants. You put users first and have experience driving impact from insights.
Even better if:
- You love all things data related and able to synthesize data from multiple sources in order to best represent students' needs.
- You've built or scaled research platforms, systems, or programs at your workplace, preferably on B2C products.
- You've worked with younger students before and therefore have developed empathy towards these bright young minds.
- You think cats and dogs are amazing companions.
- Figma for almost everything
- Spreadsheets to document copy and findings
- Invision and Google Suite to collaborate across departments
- JIRA and Confluence