GitLab's DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,400+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute .
GitLab is looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer for the Monitor Stage who will focus on building our Incident Management and Alerting functionality. In this role you will develop features to support infrastructure and software teams as they respond to incidents and outages.
The Monitor Stage works closely with varied infrastructure teams to understand what information they need at their fingertips to respond quickly and resolve incidents. A large portion of our work consists of developing new features. If you have experience as an SRE or have worked closely with SREs, you’ll have opportunities to influence the way our product works.
- Develop features and improvements to the GitLab product in a secure, well-tested, and performant way.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Product Designers, Frontend Engineers and other stakeholders to maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, iterative environment.
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance.
- Solve technical problems of high scope and complexity.
- Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Recognize impediments to our efficiency as a team, and propose and implement solutions.
- Consistently ship features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members. Collaborate with the team on larger projects.
You Should Apply If You Bring
- Professional experience building Frontend web applications using VueJS or another modern frontend framework.
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, sufficient for success in a remote and largely asynchronous work environment.
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough, iterative solutions.
- Comfort working in a highly agile, intensely iterative software development process.
- Demonstrated ability to onboard and integrate with an organization long-term.
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset.
- Effective communication skills: Regularly achieve consensus with peers, and provide clear status updates.
- Aspiration toward building our culture of communication, inclusion, and visibility.
- Experience owning a project from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution.
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with other parts of an organization.
- Share our values , and work in accordance with those values.
You'll Stand Out If You Bring
- Experience with Site Reliability Engineering.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, GraphQL or other tools in our tech stack.
- Experience with the GitLab product as a user or contributor.
- You have experience with writing automation tests using Jest, Karma, Jasmine, Mocha, AVA, tape, etc.
Also, we know it's tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don't have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
Our hiring process for this Frontend Engineer position typically follows four stages. The details of this process can be found on our job family page .
Country Hiring Guidelines
GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.