Food Market Hub is an AI-Powered, F&B Procurement SaaS. We help restaurants and suppliers to simplify back-end operations from procurement, payment to inventory management.
With >4300 users, our customers include large chains like KFC to Michelin-starred restaurants. We are growing aggressively in South East Asia, currently have presence in 6 countries and backed by notable investors; Go-Ventures, SIG, 500Global
With our increasing adoption and demand for rollout in South East Asia, we are scaling our engineering team.
Job Description // Senior Data Engineer
As the founding member of the Data & Analytics team, you will create a data definition layer which consists of data structure, metadata, dependency and insights. You will start laying the foundation of our business reporting, analytics and future data products.
What you will do
- Develop and promote org wide data definition layer consisting of data dictionaries, and establish a complete metadata management specification and index system;
- Designing data pipelines to collate and store data from multiple sources. This data will serve as the single source of truth for all analytical and engineering needs - generating analytic reports, decision making, data science etc.
- Build data quality system and complete data monitoring/verification process;
- Develop data-related product requirements, and be able to independently understand requirements, design schemes, and implement.
- Lead forecast+[Our prediction module for AI powered F&B businesses] development to drive business outcomes
- Sort out the company's data assets, and establish the value of data services in product building;
- Summarize and accumulate the methodology of data warehouse construction, and work with various business teams to support applications through the support of data tools and processes;
What you will have
- You’ve 3-4 years of experience in Data Engineering (e.g. data pipeline, data architecture, ETL +Reverse ETL). Extensive experience in SQL, Python or other scripting languages. Comfortable in deploying scripts and familiar with data management / ETL tools. Experience in FinTech / machine learning +deploying models will be a plus.
- Maths or statistics background
- Experience working remotely & as part of a distributed engineering team
- Advocate of data value exploration and application in business decisions, have strong business understanding and abstraction ability
- Good at analytical thinking, have good communication skills and problem-solving skills;
- You are open to exploring new territories. You would need to collaborate with different business stakeholders to identify their needs and support their analytics requirements.
What we will provide
- A unique startup-like environment and culture, fast paced and with quick decision-making process
- Opportunities to work directly with senior leadership and also with structure that comes from being founded by Entrepreneurs who have built for scale.
- An environment to be heard, your opinion will be valued and you will have the resources to do meaningful work
- Opportunities to continuously self-improve and expand your skills and knowledge
- Compensation at par with market plus equities and we are 100% remote for now.
- Life-long learning and supporting the development of the team, including wealth creation
- Participate in building one of the fastest growing products in SE Asia, in a team that is communicative, collaborative and proactive
Dear recruitment agencies and recruiters, please note that we choose to recruit directly for this role. You are expressly requested to not contact FoodMarketHub or any of its employees in relation to this vacancy or with any offers of your services. Thank you.