Opportunity Awaits at Altus Group!
We need a Senior Cloud Systems Engineer to join our London team and support building and maintaining the infrastructure and network that hosts our flagship product. We need a self-starter who is excited by the opportunity to support the migration, availability, security, and releases of multiple global cloud products.
As a Senior Cloud Systems Engineer, you can quickly come up to speed and jump in to implement, monitor, diagnose, and debug in AWS Cloud. You are always ready to respond to availability alerts and security issues and collaborate across teams to plan for timely updates and releases.
This position works out of our London office, where the culture is open and collaborative, though we will also consider candidates for our other EMEA offices or working fully remote.
Who You Are
You have an infrastructure operations background, or you are a Cloud Systems Engineer. Either way, you are looking for their next challenge building and supporting the infrastructure for multi-tenancy, multi-tiered SaaS products. As someone who thinks of all manner of Infrastructure operations, you want to increase your hands-on exposure working with the latest tools. You have proven abilities in understanding critical business and technical metrics.
What’s in it for you?
Knowledge. Our Agile teams are passionate about technology, being involved at different levels, and cross-training on our products. There is endless scope for learning, including the opportunity to undertake your AWS certification if you don’t already have it. You want to learn and apply better ways to maintain and improve application stability and resilience and reduce service downtime.
Exposure. This is an opportunity to support current and future products on the cloud that will positively impact users around the world. It is a chance to use cutting edge cloud technology at a product company focused on expanding its cloud solutions and owning a bigger piece of the #PropTech market. As the company grows, so will the advancement opportunities to work on our full range of products.
Here’s what our new Senior Cloud Systems Engineer will work on:
- Maintain. You will focus on ensuring a highly available, secure, and compliant Cloud infrastructure. You will monitor systems, uptime, and alerts, minimising downtime by troubleshooting and ensuring timely resolution of production issues. You will improve alerting in both systems and applications using Cloudwatch, PagerDuty, and other such monitoring systems.
- Be diligent. You will follow SOC Compliant processes to make changes and operate the platform. You will ensure other Operational parts such as backup, disaster recovery, antivirus, IDS, etc. are in place. You will review the Security aspects of the platform weekly and raise any issues to the appropriate people.
- Research technologies. You will explore and recommend tools to strengthen our infrastructure and increase performance, automation, scalability, and security.
- Collaborate. You will work with architects and developers for all updates and releases.
- Automate. You will implement IaaS, PaaS, and serverless services in AWS and follow proper version control practices to implement infrastructure automation using Python, Powershell, Shell Script, Terraform, Cloudformation, or other relevant technologies.
- Deploy. You will plan and execute the deployments of software to the infrastructure.
So, how do we know you are the next Senior Cloud Systems Engineer. You have:
- The education. You have a degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Math. You have, or you are interested in pursuing your AWS certification.
- The experience. You have a systems or infrastructure operations background combined with one or more of:
- Direct experience monitoring and supporting AWS cloud or Microsoft Azure infrastructure and applications
- Hands-on experience with VMWare, Hyper-V, or other machine virtualisation services.
- Exposure to information security, including backup, monitoring, and disaster recovery.
- An understanding of standard infrastructure architecture, including Networking, Databases, DNS, VPNs, IPs, etc
- Good scripting skills in either Powershell, Python, Bash or similar.
- The technical translation skills. You can work with product managers, cross-functional teams, and customers, translating practical usability feedback into technical requirements and back again. You thrive on acting as the communication bridge.
- The drive. You genuinely enjoy thinking out loud to create the best solutions to complex, tricky problems, using the latest processes. You can focus on the big picture and the details.
What You Can Expect From Our Interview Process
- A phone interview discussing your interest in the role, the team’s culture and how you can grow as a Cloud Systems Engineer.
- A phone interview with the Manager, Cloud Operations and Infrastructure (the Hiring Manager) to talk further about your technical experience and an opportunity for you to get to know the manager you would be working for.
- A video interview with the Director of Development Operations and Senior Technical team members. This will be an in-depth interview covering several scenarios that will test both your technical experience and knowledge as well as core skills such as problem-solving. We will also be looking at how you will fit within the DevOps team. This interview will take around 2-3 hours.
We thank you in advance for taking the time to learn more about what makes Altus a great place to grow your career and do some of your best work. Apply now, refer a friend or stay on top of what’s new by following us on LinkedIn .
Come realize your potential at Altus Group!
Altus Group is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs.