GitLab's DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,400+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute .
The Senior Analyst, Online Sales & Self Service Data role is responsible for creating and scaling our use of data for GtiLab’s self-service business. This will be a dynamic role focusing on product analytics, target setting, performance tracking and ad hoc strategic products. The Senior Analyst, Online Sales & Self Service Data reports to the Senior Manager, Online Sales & Self Service Product & Data Analytics .
- Inspire and empower our self-service team to leverage data to drive action, measure and prove success
- Continuously find ways to improve our signup flow and self-service buying experience
- Ownership in scoping, sizing and delivering multiple requests balancing prioritization, efficiency and quality
- Comfortable working with large data sets via query languages and BI tools for dashboards and reporting
- Quantity business value by self-service product feature to inform prioritization
- Develop strategies and drive team focus based on data insights and findings
- Design and build insightful dashboards for the self-service team and our stakeholders
- Monitor metric & business performance
- Be proactive and identify trends or flag potential issues
- Establish KPIs and targets for measuring the impact of the self-service initiatives
- BS/BA degree in business engineering, economics, or related degree OR equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- 3+ years of experience in data analytics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable presenting data and providing recommendations with confidence to senior level stakeholders, even when there is ambiguity involved
- A knack for identifying and investigating anomalies in data and operations
- Familiarity with product analytics and tools (e.g. Amplitude)
- Familiarity with sales & marketing funnel reporting and industry KPIs, such as website sessions, MQLs, pipeline, and bookings
- Familiarity with BI tools (e.g. Explore, Tableau) and Excel / Google Sheet functions
- Experience with SQL, data warehouses and/or scripting languages (e.g. Python, BigQuery, MySQL)
- Experience analyzing CRM data (e.g. Salesforce) and web tracking (e.g. Google Analytics)
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with a recruiter
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with the Hiring Manager
- Next, candidates will be invited to scheduled interviews with members of our Fulfillment and Growth teams
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page .
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Country Hiring Guidelines
GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.