MAU Brands is a global DTC eCommerce company that sells on many marketplace platforms such as Amazon, Best Buy, Etsy and Shopify. We own several brands in our portfolio ranging from Home & Kitchen, Office, Outdoors and Stationery goods. Founded in 2016, the company has expanded to many different brands and products. We are a fully remote team with employees in Asia, Europe and North America!
As Senior Accounting Analyst, you will be responsible for month-end closing activities, reviewing and preparing invoice reconciliation, pricing and cost accounting for our products. This is a great opportunity for a versatile, resourceful finance professional who’s eager to solve complex problems and work on a varied and growing portfolio of leading consumer products. You’ll have opportunities to work cross-functionally and increase your scope of work. We’re looking for someone who’s a rare combination of creative and analytical and is looking to work in a dynamic environment where new challenges are always emerging.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assume significant responsibility around month-end closing activities, including reconciliation preparation for various accounts/processes and journal entries.
- Manage VAT and sales tax reporting compliance
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies
- Collaborate on AirTable and Xero implementation and integration
- Lead on handling requests and questions from external bookkeepers and accountants
- Analyze costing data and prepare pricing reports
- Own and develop cash flow requirements for supplier payments, vendor contracts, etc.
- Review invoices and reconcile to physical goods movement
- Upload, track and coordinate invoices for all vendors
- 2+ years of experience in preferably in a high tech, e-commerce and/or retail environment
- 2+ years of e-commerce experience, preferably working within the Amazon ecosystem.
- Ability to dig through data, draw conclusions and make recommendations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, a high level of organization, and impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to handle aggressive deadlines and prioritize work in a fast-paced, often ambiguous environment with fire drills coming up on a near-daily basis.
- A highly analytical self-starter who can manage multiple projects and figure out complex problems without a lot of ability to create engaging content, come up with creative ideas, and think outside the box.
- Positive attitude, reliable, transparent and enjoy working with different types of people.
- Strong proficiency in Xero, Excel and Google Sheets.
- Airtable experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related discipline
- CPA required (or equivalent)