MessageBird is a Work Anywhere company, so this role can be based in any location within the APAC region. Join our team remotely (from the workplace of your choice!) or at our office in Singapore.About Us
We’re proud (and excited!) to be transforming the global communications landscape through our Omnichannel Platform-as-a-Service (OPaaS). Our cloud communications solutions make it possible for over 25,000 businesses to instantly connect with billions of devices worldwide, allowing them to speak with their customers in the same ways they talk to their friends.
Headquartered in Amsterdam, we operate across 10 international hubs and we’re proud to be a “Work Anywhere” company. Our unique and united culture is rooted in our team: a diverse flock of over 700 Birds who represent 55 nationalities and counting. We’re smart, fast, and hungry, and our potential for growth is limitless.How We Work
We work fast, grow fast, and build fast. Life at MessageBird moves in fast-forward motion. We’re a team that focuses on making an impact — right from day one. We are go-getters, industry leaders, and dreamers. Risk takers. Roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen kind of people. We thrive on transparency, and we value solution-minded attitudes.
We are all driven by one ethos: Get Shit Done. We love shaping things together and leveraging different perspectives, because that makes our products better. Our Birds are empowered with freedom and opportunity; in return, we expect honesty, courage, and agility. We own our work, and sometimes we fail. And then we get back up and cross the finish line — together as a team. Sound refreshing? We think so, too.The role: Sales Development Manager - APAC
This is an exciting opportunity to lead, coach and manage a diverse Sales Development team who are fueling our future growth by delivering the high-quality pipeline required to meet our sales targets. Reporting to our Global Sales Development Director, you’ll be responsible for the demand generation and business development activities in your region. You’ll combine your passion for developing sales talent along with the desire to deliver a high-quality pipeline to build and lead a high performing sales development team. Collaboration with our Marketing and Sales Enablement teams will be fundamental to your success, as will your ability to build strong relationships with our Regional Sales Directors.
By joining a fast-paced environment fueled by individuals with the attitude and ability needed to “get shit done”, you will not only build and define your team's future growth within MessageBird, you will impact the growth, success and expansion of your region. Ready to #jointhenest?What You’ll Do
What You’ll Bring
- Coach, manage and lead a team of SDRs, supporting the development of their vertical market knowledge and forecasting skills whilst maintaining individual accountability to goals
- Work directly with your SDRs to improve overall prospecting effectiveness, including prospecting cadences and discovery and qualification methods.
- Partner with the Director of Sales Development to increase efficiencies and improve processes within the department.
- Collaborate with our Marketing Demand Generation team to ensure effective follow up on leads to generate sales opportunities
- Mentor each SDR individually while also building a strong, cohesive, collaborative team that is responsible for providing qualified leads to MessageBird’s Business Development Managers.
Psst… some added perks
- 1+ year(s) of management experience with specific experience selling software in a similar Tech based company AND/OR 3+ years prior experience selling software in a quota-carrying role and the desire to lead an SDR team.
- A strong track record of meeting and/or exceeding targets by identifying, qualifying (ideally closing as well) new business as well as and not limited to growing an existing install base
- Proven experience Track building, coaching, and enabling a rapidly growing team would be ideal but is not essential
- Experience selling into a variety of industries and territories as well as experience cultivating larger, strategic relationships
- Capacity to work on cross-functional projects and teams as well as leveraging internal resources to problem-solve
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent reporting (CRM) and forecasting skills.
- The ability to Work Anywhere — literally anywhere you want, as long as it’s in the same time zone as your team (yup… you read that right!). This comes with the added benefit of finding the right work-life balance for you by following our 80/20 rule.
- WFH office set-up allowance to make sure you have all you need to “get shit done” in an ergonomically-friendly manner.
- Top-notch work equipment (including active noise-cancelling headphones!).
- MessageBird swag to keep you well-dressed.
- The occasional (virtual) company-wide and team events.
- A team of (fast-)forward-thinking, talented and fun colleagues from more than 50 countries!
MessageBird is an equal opportunity employer. If you think you’re a match for this role and can bring some great skills to the MessageBird team, please apply! We’re excited to get to know you.
Read MessageBird's Recruitment Privacy Statement