Position at Premier Research
Premier Research helps highly innovative biotech and specialty pharma companies transform life-changing ideas into reality, targeting unmet needs in analgesia, neuroscience, oncology, pediatrics, and rare diseases.
We’re looking for an exceptional Resource Planner II to bring your passion to our team. You will be encouraged to grow professionally and personally while enjoying cross-functional partnerships with genuinely supportive colleagues, regardless of location or seniority. Most importantly, you will be using your skills to bring tangible hope to critically ill patients around the world.
At Premier Research, we are science-minded and heart-centered. Join us.
The Resource Planner II supports all activities associated with resource planning scope or scheduling of multiple projects include contributing to the project management of schedules of activities and overseeing and managing resources as it relates to project assignments. This role supports staffing assignments on potential awards, new awards and ongoing business. In addition, this position liaises with project teams to recommend the required staff necessary to conduct the business of Premier Research.
Liaise with internal customers to review contract/budget areas that impact planning of projects or assignment of staff required to manage project work.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Maintain and oversee staff tracking assignments and provides updates as needed regarding availability and assignment status to ensure projects are staffed appropriately as defined by budgets
- Responsible for the quality of scheduling data through ongoing review and monitoring of plans and scheduling with Resource Planning team members
- Understand critical path analyses and the potential impact to effectively work with Senior Resource Planners and proactively identify necessary plan changes
- Effectively communicate with senior management and/or project team regarding status of all contractual assignments
- Maintain or oversee the entry of information/status into the resourcing system
- Participate in and proactively contribute to project-related meetings to support scheduling and resourcing plans
- Involvement in the development and implementation of new initiatives to enhance and develop service offerings related to forecasting, planning, and resourcing to the organization as required
- Support the development of documentation relating to forecasting, planning, and resourcing tools, systems and processes
- Continue to deepen understanding and expertise of tools and systems used within Premier that support forecasting, planning, and resourcing working practices
- Coach and train others in use of organizational systems as required
- Liaise with HR to confirm hiring requirements
- Ensure that Premier Research Management/Senior Management is aware of staff capacity and future requirements in order to ensure supply is present to meet demand of required project work
- Match staff assignments as closely as possible to budgets/change orders to maximize profitability
- Support continuous improvement initiatives relating to forecasting, planning and resourcing for project planning as required
- With supervision, support the analysis of cost and schedule impact
- Review and advise on Regulatory and Clinical Operations Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Working Guidelines (WGs) and Associated Documents (ADs) as requested
You will need this to be considered:
- Bachelor’s degree, or its international equivalent from an accredited institution
- 3-6 years of experience on a similar position
- Experience of direct resource planning and scheduling responsibilities within a CRO or Pharmaceutical environment
- Good understanding of Pharmaceutical and CRO processes and knowledge of Project Management methodologies within the industry
- Experience in creating internal training materials
- MS Project or similar project scheduling software training/qualifications desired
- Experience in mentoring and coaching team members
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Fluency in English language