We are searching for a precise reporting analyst to create data-driven ideas to improve our functioning. To this end, the reporting analyst should obtain pertinent data from all relevant departments, compile and clean this information, and then proceed to analyze the data. You should also inform employees of additional information that may be of use to you, encouraging them to house such information in a secure folder.
To be successful as a reporting analyst, you should be able to generate useful deductions from raw information. A top-notch reporting analyst will continually create and modify databases to meet the needs of our expanding company.
Reporting Analyst Responsibilities
- Training and encouraging staff to maintain complete databases that can be used for subsequent analysis.
- Gathering raw data from pertinent individuals in each department.
- Collating such data to facilitate its interpretation.
- Checking and cleaning data, taking special care to replace erroneous values with correct figures.
- Analyzing data, with due consideration for the influence of missing information, outliers, plus confounding and extraneous variables.
- Reporting on insights obtained, which might be utilized to inform business strategies.
- Consulting on areas of uncertainty to promote optimal use of ideas derived from data.
- Creating and updating data sets that evolve in tandem with our business's needs.
Reporting Analyst Requirements
- Degree in management information systems, finance, econometrics, statistics, or similar.
- Demonstrable experience as a reporting analyst.
- Knowledge of suitable data analytic processes.
- Proven experience creating data-driven knowledge that promotes profitability.
- Capacity to train staff in foundational data entry techniques.
- Ability to create, update, and share databases.
- Strong troubleshooting and report writing abilities.
- Attentive and considerate team player.
- Expert in Excel and Google sheets