Who we are
We are a rapidly growing Digital Marketing Agency specializing in scaling eCommerce retailers, and assisting large wholesaler brands to connect with their hundreds of dealers (B2B) and their customers (B2C). The ideal candidate must be detail-oriented and a passionate team player that is obsessed with all things eCommerce and is looking to grow by working with some large brands.
At Devote Digital, we believe in diversity and hiring people from all backgrounds and walks of life. You must be energetic, inventive, a team player and looking to help build and grow the company each and every day. If you are looking for a position that allows you to work with a group of smart and dedicated people and you want unlimited upside in future opportunities, then you should apply as soon as you're done reading this!
Who you are
You’ll be responsible for helping to maintain and develop new sites, pages, and features for global brands across multiple Shopify storefronts.
As a Developer focusing on web development for Shopify, and migrations from other eCommerce CMS platforms, you should ideally have experience in a couple different languages or frameworks. You should be able to see the bigger picture behind design patterns and architecture, and know how to engineer complex behaviors and components–especially within the Shopify ecosystem. You should be able to proactively spot typical technical and creative issues before they come up based on your previous experiences. You can work comfortably with other team members from various departments. We expect a thorough understanding of web technologies, and of course the Shopify platform. Experience working with Shopify’s Liquid templating language is required, and experience using the storefront API and developing for international stores is a plus.
- Translate requirements and mockups into fully functioning websites using LIQUID/HTML/CSS/JS
- Write and maintain consistent, clean, and readable code
- Take ownership of all front-end development and Shopify configurations for multiple storefronts across global brands
- Work collaboratively with a small team to proactively identify and implement improvements.
- 5+ years of development experience
- 3+ years of Shopify development experience
- General experience building, launching, and maintaining Shopify stores, as well as general knowledge of the admin system.
- Ability to develop with overall business goals in mind
- Experience with implementing/debugging 3rd party Shopify apps as well as creating custom solutions if necessary.
- Experience with Shopify’s theming system and Liquid templating.
- Experience with Shopify’s object/properties, AJAX API, and Metafields.
- Experience with CSS pre and post-processors–specifically SASS.
- Magento & Wordpress development experience
- Experience implementing and working with analytics providers, such as Google Tag Manager, Google eCommerce tracking, Google AdWords conversion tracking, Facebook Pixel, Google Search Console etc.
- Thorough testing and debugging skills with browser console and external tools.
- Must be able to code for custom development
- Strong organization skills to manage multiple projects and internal requests, etc.
- Ability to communicate well, giving proactive feedback to peers, team, and manager.
- Appreciation for design and motion.
- Strong level of integrity, autonomy and self-motivation
- Rigorously educate yourself on the latest development techniques and best practices
- Experience with Shopify’s themekit and/or Storefront API
- Understanding of conversion rate optimization or data-driven product development (analytics, a/b testing, etc.)
- Experience developing with prototype frameworks (Bootstrap, Foundation, etc.)
- Experience with project management tools such as Basecamp
- Good animation principles and experience with animations libraries
- Continuously look for ways to improve conversion rates and implement A/B tests
- Experience with Languify
- Previous agency experience
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm, high energy, sense of humor
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Curious, eager to learn and enjoy a good happy hour once in awhile!
- Willingness to contribute at all levels
Enough reading! Get in touch!
If our values and direction align with you, and you're ready to sink your teeth into a few great brands, then shoot us a cover letter and resume so we can get in touch for a casual chat
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please answer the form for us to review your application right away!