About Our Client
- Excellent Opportunity to join a Fintech organisation
- Growing business
Our client is an established Fintech company. Moving forward as a vibrant organisation with a startup culture, they believe in hiring the best talent to produce the best results. Due to business expansion they are currently looking for an experience regulatory compliance expert to support the Malaysia market. This is a remote role and candidate will be reporting to the regional headquarter office.Job Description
As this role is essential to the organization, it is vital candidate comes with a track record of delivery and proven experience. Among the many responsibilities are listed below:
The Successful Applicant
- You will be the key point of contact for the company's Malaysia licensing, compliance and regulatory matters and the key owner of our approach to fintech and payments regulations in Malaysia. You will also be the liaison with the regulator for all matters relating to the license application and ongoing compliance topics.
- Advise and guide the business, legal and compliance teams on all Malaysia licensing, compliance and regulatory matters whilst keeping abreast of the latest regulatory developments in the fintech and payments sector.
- Develop, implement and continuously update the company's licensing, compliance and regulatory framework, policies and procedures for the company's payments business in Malaysia.
- Work closely with the regional legal, compliance and product teams to ensure that our products, services and processes comply with Malaysia fintech and payments regulations.
- Work closely with the fintech and payments regulatory authorities in Malaysia.
The ideal candidate will be confident in leading from the front and must posses the below requirements:
What's On Offer
- Bachelor's degree from a reputable university. Legal qualification would be an advantage but not essential.
- At least 5 years of deep regulatory and compliance experience gained in Malaysia fintech industry, reputable law firm(s) and/or financial institution(s).
- Proven experience in payments license applications and working with regulatory authorities in the fintech and payments sector will be highly regarded.
- Ability to evaluate fact situations, identify legal/compliance issues, analyse and understand statutes, regulations and recommend appropriate courses of action.
- Strong analytical, drafting, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage complex projects on a regional level.
- Willingness to take on responsibility for matters beyond core expertise.
Contact: Caroline Yong
- Opportunity to step into a more progressive position with a growing industry.
- Career exposure and learning opportunities.
- Dealing with top stakeholders and influencial people.
Quote job ref: JN-112021-4522841