OBJECTIVE & PURPOSE
The broad objectives of the Marketing Department is to ensure that the APAC region achieves both its annual financial objectives and its strategic intent, to grow revenue and profit.
- Acquisition of New customers
- Retention and Development of Existing Customers
Within the marketing department, this is achieved through;
- A strategic Business to Business marketing plan that prioritizes activities required from marketing, by sales or other functions, with a view that the best of the GEODIS brand is available to customer to drive customer engagement and intimacy, that each step of the customer’s journey through the sales funnel is enhanced by marketing
- A integrated marketing and sales approach that supports the objectives of the regional sales organization, dedicating resources to all of the 3 sales channels, within one of six vertical markets (Hi-Tech, E-commerce, FMCG, Industrial, Retail, Automotive) in the APAC region
- Underpinning the activities of the successful formulation and execution of our marketing plan is Data
- Data-driven marketing will ensure that the customer data that the organization currently have is effectively used to maximum the returns on marketing spend on driving customers through the sales funnel
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Sales and Marketing Analyst supports the marketing and sales campaigns throughout the year through using the data from our GEODIS CRM system and GEODIS sales and operations performance reporting systems currently available and systems to come
- Build personalized buyers’ journeys for our customers to promote customer intimacy- execute through new Salesforce Pardot marketing technology platform
- Identify customer groups as target audience for the marketing campaigns through identification of target customer segments
- Ensure effective Demand and Lead generation activities through the measurement of the success of previous and ongoing campaigns, understanding the drivers of success through the data and analysis of the behavior of customers and potential customers
- Identification of the customers’ growth potential in new business services with GEODIS through analysis of their existing spend with us on separate products/ service bought, trade lanes used against what is available through “lookalike” customers
- Using data to understand and strategize different marketing messages to the multiple touchpoints that each Business-to-Business customer present
- Drive ROI when digital marketing spend is activated
- Optimize sales campaigns through better identification of ROI for marketing spend
As GEODIS migrates from one CRM system to another (SalesForce), it is expected that the use of Pardot (SalesForce’s marketing technology platform) will enhance our ability to mine our own data. This position is expected to
- Work with sales colleagues and regional sales analyst to ensure that the data linkages between the different reporting systems are well understood, extracted, reported and analyzed
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of data. Provide not just data but analysis to assist in decision making, identification of trends and seasonality
- For Internal data, where data structures may not clearly understood by the different users currently and rules of reporting documented, to work with the different departments of finance, sales and global colleagues to build understanding
For external data, to drive the reporting and analysis for currently available independent sources of external data against GEODIS internal revenue and volume performance data
- Build comparison of data between GEODIS and external data to understand total market share, total market growth benchmarks to identify Sources of Growth
- Build understanding of our performance against competitors, against available market to us, for current timeframe and forecasted future for growth mapping
- Build understanding of industry type (verticals), where opportunities lie against our strength and where there are growth areas to capitalize in each sector
- Build understanding of product type (Airfreight, Ocean freight, Contract Logistics etc) against our growth ambitions
- Mapping trade lane performance from external sources against internal data
- Understanding APAC countries’ growth against macro-economic drivers of growth
- University graduate or equivalent, preferable in Business or Statistics
- Some practical experience in digital marketing for B2B industries.
- Experience in logistics and supply chain would be advantageous
- Knowledge or experience in business analysis would be advantageous
- Knowledge of the use of Pardot and Salesforce
- Marketing or sales support experience will be useful
- High Proficiency in English language
- Proficiency in any other APAC language (Chinese, etc) is a plus
Our Candidate promise
Recruiting passionate people
At GEODIS, we believe that each and every person matters when it comes to achieving long-lasting success and demonstrating our know-how. Our commitment to our customers leads us to recruit passionate and demanding men and women who are ready to fulfill the ambitions of our rapidly changing sector with all their energy.
Join a leader in constant evolution
With more than 100 years of experience in the field of transport and logistics, GEODIS knows how to respond to the major challenges. Throughout its history, GEODIS showed ability to adapt to the needs of its clients, industry-specific constraints and new national boundaries.
With its talent pool, GEODIS opens you doors to the world full of dynamism where everyone finds their place in expertise, contributes to their development and succeeds. Being the key player of the supply chain, we are working on the logistics projects of our customers today and preparing those of tomorrow.
Creating daily opportunities
It is true that we are committed to offering autonomy and the opportunity to take initiative to each of our new hires. Therefore, it is necessary that they benefit from personalized and operational support that will allow them to understand the challenges of GEODIS and emphasize their strengths. We encourage openness. “Discuss. Decide. Align.”- this is a genuine moto to guarantee the success of our actions.
And if you were part of this adventure?
Being GEODIS employee means living every day professional and personal adventure. It is about incorporating your personality, your knowledge and your know-how in the culture and the team spirit of GEODIS. Involvement and collaboration make it easier for everyone to take responsibility. We encourage you to go and meet different expertise and our complementary ecosystems whose activities give meaning to the group.