A Little About Us
Oyster is on a mission to create a more equal world by making it possible for companies everywhere to hire people anywhere.
In 2021, we have grown rapidly, raising over $70 million in both Series A and Series B rounds and increasing our team size by nearly 10x. And we're just getting started. As a fully distributed startup, we've built an incredibly strong leadership team and employee base across 47 countries (and counting!). We embrace asynchronous communication and collaborative work. We live on our platform, and we're passionate about improving our product every day.
Hiring people internationally is complicated – engineering, legal, finance, operations, and HR processes all interact to make it happen. We'd like to find people who think this is as interesting a challenge as we do.
We're an inclusive and diverse workplace, and welcome applicants from marginalized groups – the world over.
The Role ??
Location: This position is remote and you can work from home so long as you have a strong wifi connection.
We are looking for an ambitious and self-driven Recruiting Coordinator to join our team! You will report to the Global Talent Acquisition Director and will work with the team to execute a talent acquisition strategy that brings the best talent to Oyster from all over the world.
What You'll Be Doing...
- Facilitate scheduling for candidate interviews globally, strategically solving any conflicts that may arise
- Maintain data accuracy in Greenhouse (our applicant tracking system)
- Streamline the interview process from end-to-end to ensure that candidates are informed, engaged, and excited about Oyster
- Own multiple projects under tight deadlines while working alongside cross-functional teams
- Identify opportunities to improve current processes to optimize workflows and make operations more efficient
Skill sets that are important...
- Experience as a coordinator, administrator, or recruiting support person performing key tasks including heavy calendaring and extensive candidate interface
- An ability to effectively prioritize, juggle, track and execute on multiple concurrent tasks without letting things fall through the cracks
- Prior experience working in an extremely fast-paced, dynamic, start-up environment
- Advanced skills with Google Enterprise Apps (google calendar, Gmail, Docs, Sheets & Slides)
- Experience with Greenhouse (or other ATS)
- Extremely detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Independent thinker with strong problem-solving skills that can navigate effectively in ambiguity
- Desire to work remotely in an asynchronous environment
Skill sets that are not required (but are a bonus)
- Personal connection to the mission and/or experience with the problem we're solving
You'll also need...
- A reliable home internet connection (or be able to get one)
- Fluent English language
What's It Like To Work At Oyster ❤️
Check out our public notion and see for yourself: Welcome to Oyster!
Here are some pages you might be interested in:
Mission, Vision, Values at Oyster
Why Oyster is a Distributed Company
How We Work Together at Oyster
Benefits & Compensation ?
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive compensation package
- Fully flexible hours
- 40 days including public holidays, or legal minimum in your region if greater
- Home Office Equipment budget (see details at Equipment at Oyster)
- Wellness and wellbeing support through HealingClouds and WithJuno
- Private Health Insurance (if you want it)
- Time off for volunteering