The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of all internal Quality Assurance plans and programs necessary for the relevant markets Nutreco serves, contributing to the realisation of organisations’ goals and objectives. This is achieved by safeguarding the desired internal and external quality levels of products and processes and services (meaning full regulatory compliance with Food Safety and Food Defence standards for manufactured products and feed ingredients) and retaining all relevant certificates required in order to meet global and local standards and schemes.
He / she provides (hierarchical and functional) leadership and direction in the area of Quality Assurance and manages and develops a team of QA staff to ensure the required standards in quality assurance / quality control targets are met
Quality management is focused not only on product/service quality, but also on the means to achieve it. Quality management therefore uses quality assurance and quality control of processes as well as products to achieve a more consistent quality.
The Quality Assurance Manager direct an entity’s inspection and testing programs, as well as its proactive quality assurance procedures designed to prevent defects and / or improve performance. In pursuing these objectives, he / she manages the department's employees and interacts with other managers and staff in departments that run processes where quality is an important dimension (e.g. production, research, supply chain, etc.).
The Quality Assurance Manager consults with the entity’s other departments, such as supply chain, production, sales, and may communicate with customer's or supplier representatives.
Quality policies and programs
- Develops, implements, monitors, maintains and improves the quality policies and the quality control, HACCP and Food Safety/Food Defense and similar programs, in coordination with the manager(s) of production, supply chain and other relevant areas, according to the relevant internal and external global and local standards, in order to ensure an adequate quality assurance system by which the certificates are retained.
- Prepares improvements to the quality policy, tracks developments on quality and includes these in the policy, in accordance with internal and external standards and divisional / group QA/QC policies.
- Oversees, guides and delegates Quality Assurance Laboratory Programs at all (production and other) facilities to ensure they meet company and customer requirements, ensures overall communications of the Quality Assurance requirements to the appropriate personnel both internally and externally to facilitate seamless business operations
Quality Systems / certificates and continuous improvement
- Establishes and maintains the quality management system in which all procedures and process descriptions are defined according to the requirements of the relevant standards and schemes within the organization so that understanding the processes and division of responsibilities arises and continuous quality can be guaranteed and the relevant certificates are retained.
- Drives continuous improvement processes in the organisation, promoting and supporting improvement processes and actions with expert advice, tools and guidance. Conducts risk based assessments / improvement programs to minimize impact of any process and product deficiencies
- Liaises with relevant departments, collects data, relevant for the quality systems, from departments and ensures that all data included in the quality systems are up-to-date
- Oversees the maintenance and upgrading of agreed business essential certifications for the facilities and ensures any review includes all new requirements.
- Drafts and ensures compliance with the procedures for the implementation of quality control of incoming and manufactured goods and in-process controls, in accordance with the organization guidelines and relevant standards and schemes. Similarly, with regard to the procedures for the processing of products that do not meet the specification, in order to ensure that the products meet the required quality with minimization of costs.
- Develops and manages Customer QA relationships and establishes, reviews, approves and documents Ingredient and Final Product specs into the appropriate systems to assure compliance to both Nutreco and customer expectations.
- Promotes all aspects of Quality Assurance with all relevant departments, supports the communication of quality programs and standards to the organization, and may coordinate training in relevant areas. Organizes local Quality Assurance boards and / or participates in internal or external QA bodies
- Participates in crisis situations (contaminations, severe product defects, etc.) in the relevant crisis teams in order to mitigate / control adverse effects for the organization and / or conduct root cause analyses to prevent incidents recurring
- Ensures the treatment and (root cause) analysis of product complaints, so that corrective and preventive measures can be initiated.
- Handles complaints of a repetitive nature, so that permanent solutions can be found. Maintains contacts with the Customer Services / Sales in case of major or severe complaints. Advises on solutions and (financial) arrangements with the customer in order to solve the complaints.
- Organizes and guides internal and external audits, according to the guidelines of quality systems, so that the quality procedures are complied with, with the aim of maintaining the quality certificates. Executes internal audits as well as external audits, in coordination and consultation with external auditors. Reports the outcome of audits to the relevant stakeholders, monitors any follow-up actions
Ideal Candidate Has a Proven Track Record With
Leadership experience in a laboratory or production environment, s trong team building and organizational skills
Knowledge and understanding of quality standards/guidelines like ISO, GMP+, VICH GL9 (GCP) and demonstrated compliant application of the quality standard requirements in practice
Experience in leading organization through ISO, customer and other regulatory audits
Knowledge and/or expertise of feed, food, veterinary and/or environmental legislation
Knowledge of feed business
Good oral and written communication skills in local language and English
Nutreco is a global leader in animal nutrition and fish feed. Our advanced nutritional solutions are at the origin of food for millions of consumers worldwide. Quality, innovation and sustainability are guiding principles, embedded in the Nutreco culture from research and raw material procurement to products and services for agriculture and aquaculture. Experience across 100 years brings Nutreco a rich heritage of knowledge and experience for building its future.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Nutreco is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, military status or any other status protected by applicable local law. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation. Nutreco is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation, including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities.