SightCall is the leading global cloud platform transforming industries with live video. In a connected mobile-first world, businesses leveraging SightCall have the ability to see what their customers see and guide them remotely in real-time. Our solution provides a complete set of API’s, SDK’s, and out-of-the-box apps that enhance enterprise processes for organizations such as Allianz, Koenig & Bauer, Kraft Heinz, GE Healthcare, and Bosch. As a global business, SightCall’s offices span across Paris (Main), San Francisco (HQ), Frankfurt, London, New York, and Singapore. Although we’re a growing company, we continue to cherish the start-up culture with a hands-on approach ensuring our customers come first! This role is based in Singapore.
What you’ll be doing:
As a QA & Technical Support Engineer, you will have a dual function at SightCall, a QA and Technical Support Engineer to join our Singapore office to help develop and execute our Product Quality strategy along with providing Technical Support for customers in the region.
Support Engineer Description: Globally distributed, Support Engineers are integrated with our Customer Success team, providing technical support to our international customers. They have a deep technical understanding of the SightCall platform and work closely with customers, Customer Success Managers, Product, R&D, and Sales. They are key to our customer’s success.
QA Engineer Description: Integrated into our development process, our QA Engineers are the product quality’s guarantors. They have deep product knowledge, technical understanding of the SightCall platform, constantly challenging and questioning this knowledge to communicate its problems to our development teams.
Technical Support Responsibilities:
- Provide Level 2 and 3 support to a large variety of customers with different configurations.
- Take ownership of customer issues reported and see problems through to resolution.
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot, and identify solutions to resolve issues raised through our ticketing system (Zendesk).
- Follow and help improve our procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams.
- Help improve and configure internal tools to make the Support team more efficient (Zendesk, Jira, Confluence, etc.).
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Design, develop and execute exploratory tests.
- Design, develop and execute automated tests.
- Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
Technical Support and QA Responsibilities:
- Identify, record, document thoroughly, and track bugs.
- Create and update internal and external Knowledge Base.
- Interact with product and development teams to ensure a good understanding of the ongoing developments and match with bug resolutions.
- Continually research and learn the current and future best practices of using SightCall.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- A natural troubleshooter, autonomous, able to assemble and use different tools, able to manage and prioritize effectively, willing to dig deep to find the answers to tricky problems.
- Good understanding of the security processes, standards & issues involved in multi-tier, multi-tenant web applications for example SSO, LDAP, etc.
- Good understanding of the architectural principles of web-based platforms including SaaS, multi-tenancy, multi-tiered infrastructure, and application servers.
- Good understanding of APIs, HTTP requests, Databases, and Network infrastructure.
- Knowledge and understanding of debugging/logging tools such as Kibana, Chrome dev tools, etc.
- Good understanding of Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android operating systems.Ability to communicate complex technical topics to customers and coworkers of varying technical skill levels.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic, and innovative environment.
Enjoy working in an international/multicultural environment.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science or self-taught with relevant experience.
- 5+ years as a technical support engineering or related experience.
- Must be fluent in English. Mandarin, Japanese, and any other languages are appreciated.
- Minimal level coding skills (Python, SQL, JS, or Ruby)
- Solid written and interpersonal communication skills.