Our clients are ambitious, high-impact CEOs, founders, and execs. They have started 100+ companies, raised billions in venture capital, taken companies public, worked in the White House, invested in Facebook/Uber/ Airbnb, run professional sports teams, Governor of US states, and compete in Ironman races and the World Series of Poker.
They’ve joined Athena to get more leverage, more impact, more success, and more time via their relationship with their top 1% Philippines-based Executive Assistant. They are world-class humans who want to get world-class at delegation.
- The Project Manager will be responsible for planning and overseeing high-impact projects at Athena that span the five project phases of a project life cycle to ensure they are completed in a timely fashion and within budget.
- Develop: Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan for high-impact projects at Athena. Maximize team effectiveness by coordinating cross-functional teams and delegating tasks and timelines best suited to complete them.
- Support and Guide: Provide input, guidance, and advice to identify and resolve project issues in real-time as well as identify and mitigate project risk ahead of time to carry projects into timely completion.
- Track: Schedule and conduct project checkpoint evaluations and cross-functional team reviews at strategic points in the project lifecycle to assess project status, risk, and quality.
You will play the lead role in planning, executing, monitoring, controlling, and closing high-impact projects that align with Athena's goals in a fast-paced environment with cross-functional stakeholders.
1) Project Initiation:
- Develop a project charter, identify stakeholders, and secure approvals.
2) Project Planning:
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Develop a project management plan
- Estimate costs and determine the budget in coordination with the Finance team
- Plan, define, and develop schedules, activities, estimating resources and activity durations
- Identify quality requirements and ensure compliance
- Delegate tasks on the project to stakeholders and vendors best positioned to complete them
- Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables
- Identify potential risks, perform qualitative and quantitative risk analysis, and plan risk mitigation strategies
- Plan for and identify required procurements
3) Project Execution:
- Direct and manage all project tasks according to the timelines identified in the project plan
- Perform quality control on the project throughout development to adhere with the expected standards and goals
- Delegate project tasks based on the project team members' individual domain expertise, strengths, skill sets, and experience levels
- Serve as the first point of contact for project team members
- Work with the Finance team on securing necessary procurements
4) Monitoring and controlling:
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Create and present status reports to stakeholders
- Manage changes to the project when necessary
- Validate and control the project scope, costs, quality, procurement, and communications
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs
You are a leader.
- You are passionate about driving high-impact projects to completion.
- You keep your expectations clear and hold project team members accountable for the project tasks they are responsible for.
You have solid project management experience.
- You have at least 3 years of project management experience and/or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or training.
- You understand what the project manager role entails and how to be successful in it.
- You have a strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices.
- You have experience handling complex projects. Experience in handling projects for newly launched operations is a plus, but not required.
You are an excellent communicator.
- You have good written and verbal communication skills and comfortable working with multiple stakeholders
- You deliver specific and well-defined feedback that moves the project goals forward (positive or negative).
You have a continuous improvement mindset.
- You don't rest on your laurels when things are going well. You are always looking for opportunities for improvement—and acting on those opportunities.
- You maintain high-quality standards so you ensure that project team members consistently provide high-quality outputs.
You have great organizational skills.
- You are highly organized. You collate and analyze data/information rigorously, and you keep all projects aligned with our goals.
- You follow up in a timely manner and keep track of the project's progress.
You are collaborative.
- You can successfully work with cross-functional stakeholders toward a common goal.
- You help identify the problems or weak areas in the project and develop ways to target those issues in collaboration with stakeholders.
You love the remote-first culture we're building.
- You are positive, fun, and someone we're excited to work with.
- You can work independently but also strong at working across teams.