About the Role
You naturally create an environment where everyone feels welcome and included. You seek to understand before making judgements. You're known for keeping a pulse on the people around you and regulating your own energy to be high/low energy as needed for the group.
You pay attention to the little details and make others feel special.
You’re passionate about creating life-changing, transformative experiences for others. You love travel and learning more about other cultures and places.
You don’t mind wearing multiple hats in the work you do. Whether it’s operational work that has you organizing and planning on the computer or spending hours talking to people to understand them, you thrive.
- The Program Leader is the face of Remote Year to all of our participants (“Remotes”) and the voice of the customer to Remote Year. They have the largest impact on the overall customer experience by creating value through community, support and connection to culture and local experience through their partnership with the city team.
Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- The Program Leader is responsible for leading all communication channels with the group throughout the course of the program and serving as primary support/point of contact to resolve any requests, issues, etc.
- The Program Leader sets expectations with the group and provides the framework for what their Remote Year experience will look like throughout their program.
- The Program Leader designs and curates community events throughout the course of the month to drive relationship building, professional development and personal growth amongst Remotes.
- The Program Leader embodies Remote Year’s mission, values, and Code of Conduct, leading by example to create a transformative experience for their Remotes.
- The Program Leader collaborates with City Teams, Onboarding, and other RY Staff to ensure Remotes’ needs are being met and that we are providing a valuable customer experience.
- The Program Leader keeps a pulse on all of the members of their community and adjusts programming to ensure the environment is an inclusive one.
- The Program Leader captures insights about the customer and experience and feeds it back to cross-functional teams at Remote Year.
- The Program Leader actively promotes increased lifetime value per customer through Marketplace upsells and program repeats.
- Community management and engagement experience
- Event planning and organization experience
- Strong empathy, emotional intelligence and relationship building skills
- Effective communicator and good attention to detail
- Flexibility and ability to creatively solve problems in the moment
- Conflict resolution skills
- Customer support, travel, and hospitality experience
- Champion for Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Excellent English speaking ability and knowledge of another language is a plus
- Tourism experience preferred
- Experience working remotely