Title : Product Manager, Water Management
Location : Westminster, CO or Remote USA
Department : Agriculture
Facilitates and owns the product definition, user requirements, and go-to-market strategy for the Water Management machine control systems.
The Product Manager owns one or more product categories from inception to obsolescence. Product ownership involves establishing the division market model, including segmentation and sizing, as well as product planning, lifecycle management, and communications. They succeed by effectively advocating for compelling product visions founded on a solid market model facilitated through deep customer insight and collaboration across organizational and functional boundaries.
- Lead market and competitive analyses that identify all relevant current and future market elements that will determine product success
- Research and validate the needs of the end-users through contact with solution partners, sales, resellers, support staff, and end-users
- Lead and coordinate the development of a market and persona knowledge base needed for understanding the product requirements.
- Works with the Sr. Product Manager to develop and maintain a multi-generation product roadmap, including robust innovative business cases to drive revenue, margin, and market share growth
- Create and own detailed product definition documented in market requirement documents and participate as a member of the product development team to ensure that the product development output remains consistent with the product objectives
- Create, manage, and own the product launch plan to coordinate effective market introductions with the Marcom team
- Develop and present training and sales materials to effectively support business development and sales of the products
- Ownership for product portfolio lifecycle management processes from inception to obsolescence
- Monitor key product metrics in detail to be able to show consistent growth and evolution of the product line
- Work with key stakeholders to communicate all relevant information pertaining to your products and projects
- Manage product forecast with internal solution partners and the external sales team in close coordination with operations
- Act as a thought leader within Trimble as well as externally by advocating for your product vision, focusing on innovation, writing, speaking at conferences, or growing a social media following
- Creates and sustains the recipe for achieving breakout market leadership through effectively advocating for compelling product visions founded on a solid market model facilitated through deep customer insight.
- Established and respected as the unequivocal product owner personally responsible for the success of the product in the marketplace
- Must be a persuasive, collaborative, and resourceful
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Self-directed and disciplined planning and execution
- Active time/schedule management, meeting deadlines, and commitments
- Ability to work with ambiguity, yet provide their team's clear direction
- Must demonstrate the ability to understand their audience and modify the message for the audience
- Must understand the product application in detail
- Ability to travel internationally and to work effectively in a multicultural environment
- Ability to positively influence teams, not under their direct control Must demonstrate and project a high level of energy and enthusiasm
- Must be able to accept a high level of personal responsibility for product success in an environment of shared resources
- Must demonstrate the willingness to be a change agent and challenge conventional wisdom if the conventional wisdom stands in the way of success. Market analysis: opportunity, competitive dynamics, financial business case
- Understand key Water Management related technologies and trends well enough to shape our product strategy
- Reviews the product business plan and helps define the multi-generation market requirements for the product. This includes factors such as product features, product positioning, and support.
- Contributes to market analyses that identify all relevant current and future market elements that will determine product success. The analyses will typically include elements such as market needs, competitive product features in the marketplace, competitor strategies, market segmentation, etc.
- Contributes to product pricing strategy based on market elasticity, competitive product comparisons, support, and other factors related to the overall competitive position of the market.
- 15-25% travel is required primarily throughout the U.S.; some international travel required
Key Organizational Interfaces
- Sr. Product Manager
- WW WM Sales & Strategy Manager
- Product Marketing Team
- Market Acceptance Testing group
- Bachelor's degree and 3+ years of product management and/or direct field experience with high-accuracy complex systems in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience. Agriculture/Electrical Engineering
- OR Associates degree and 5+ years of product management and/or Direct Field Experience with high-accuracy complex systems in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience. Agriculture/Electrical Engineering
Information To Review
The following links are recommended in order to better your understanding of Trimble, and the products available within this particular division.
- Trimble Agriculture
- Trimble Agriculture's Blog
- Videos To Review
- Trimble: Innovation at its best
- Trimble: A History of Outstanding Innovations
- Trimble Agriculture Solutions
- Trimble Agriculture Intro
- About Trimble Agriculture
- The Ag division builds precision farming systems, including displays and automated guidance systems for agricultural vehicles. Farmers use our guidance systems to automatically steer their tractors with highly accurate GPS/GNSS-based control. Our display systems automatically control farm implements performing operations like planting seeds, spraying fertilizer, and measuring crop yield in an optimal way based on soil conditions and agronomist prescriptions. Our displays send the farm data to our web-based farm and fleet management system Trimble Ag Business Software. Through this ecosystem, customers can manage all their in-field applications remotely and certify that the right product was applied at the right field bringing significant savings on inputs and labor. In addition, the system enables a more effective plan for the new crop season to increase productivity.
- Our Company
- Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so; we are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business.
- Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
- Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity, and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety, and sustainability. From purpose-built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware, and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation, and logistics.
- Pay Equity
- Trimble provides the following compensation range and general description of other compensation and benefits that it in good faith believes it might pay and/or offer for this position. This compensation range is based on a full time schedule. Trimble reserves the right to ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and offer additional benefits and other compensation, depending on circumstances not related to an applicant’s sex or other status protected by local, state, or federal law.
- Hiring Range
- Bonus Eligible?
- Trimble offers comprehensive core benefits that include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Time off plans and retirement plans. Most of our businesses also offer tax savings plans for health, dependent care and commuter expenses as well as Paid Parental Leave and Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
- Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D