Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
Digital Payments Products is a highly innovative product line and you will be responsible for the vision and conceptualization of products that enhance DGN card member payments experience. You will collaborate with a Global XF team to bring products to market globally. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who thrives in the cutting edge of innovation, technology and customer experience.
Assesses the performance of and shapes the structure and direction of new and existing product lines and leads the development and execution of strategic product plans for key initiatives such as the introduction of new products, product line extensions, or product enhancements. Accountable for achieving specific goals for each product, including evaluating product performance, and identifying innovations to address customer needs and improve product performance in the market.
- This role is ideally located in Riverwoods (IL), Phoenix (AZ), or New Albany (OH) but remote candidates will be considered.
- Define and execute strategic product road-maps to build new products, enhance existing products or improve performance.
- Serve as product management business lead on cross-functional teams, including internal departments such as sales, operations, legal, marketing, finance, technology in the evaluation, development, management and/or enhancement of assigned products and/or programs.
- Identify sources, monitor, analyze and interpret key product performance metrics including financials, network volumes, other key statistics and internal/external customer feedback trends, then develop and communicate findings and make strategic and tactical recommendations for performance improvements.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to develop strategies and methodologies to on-board new partners.
- Track and understand industry trends, research findings and competitive innovations.
- Provide business analysis and reporting on a periodic basis.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to develop or support sales efforts or go-to-market strategies.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, social sciences, business, marketing, communications or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Product Management or related
- In lieu of a degree, 10+ years of experience in card payments, network, acquiring, issuing, mobile technologies, digital payments or related field, including product management experience
Bonus Points If You Have
- Master's degree in information technology, social sciences, business, marketing, communications or related field
- 6+ years of experience in card payments, network, acquiring, issuing, mobile technologies, digital payments or related field
- 2+ years of experience in Fintech platforms, start-ups, or related field
- Strong communication skills: ability to work with cross-functional teams with both internal and external partners and stakeholders
- Strong Product Management experience, ideally within Digital Payments and Financial services domain
- Strategic mindset with ability to understand technical aspects of Digital products
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law) . We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.