We are searching for a PR Manager to get media coverage in key Asia-Pacific markets for our proprietary data to make YouGov famous so we can attract clients and engage the public. In this role you will secure media exposure both with stories you develop yourself and by using content created by the wider YouGov team
What will I be delivering?
Your primary role will be in media relations. You’ll have excellent English language skills and ideally come from a PR or journalism background. You will need to love speaking to the media and be able to come up with interesting new ways to get YouGov’s data into our target outlets:
- You’ll work with the content teams to create surveys across a range of topics – from current affairs and lifestyle to brand stories
- You’ll work with global teams to adapt or repurpose their stories where appropriate, making them work for your local markets
- You’ll need to have PR/journalism experience and a good knowledge of marketing and PR activities. We’ll expect you to be able to:
- Sell the stories you write - through compelling press releases - across nine markets in APAC and targeting both B2B and B2C sectors
- Identify key target media in the region (both B2B and B2C) and build good relationships with key journalists
- Help develop and execute the PR strategy for the region
- Take responsibility for PR measurement and evaluation in region.
What do I need to bring with me?
- Be organised as you’ll be working across multiple markets in the region
- Be a self-starter who can work independently and without daily supervision
- Need to manage time effectively be able to work with teams across different countries (both in the region and across the globe)
- Bring excellent written and verbal communication skills, supported by outstanding accuracy, proof reading and copy writing
- Be able to “read” data and know your way around a spreadsheet
- Ideally have at least 3-5 years’ experience in PR or journalism
- Know how to craft stories and speak with the media
- Be measured on your ability to deliver results, improve the quality and quantity of stories, as well as the levels of press coverage in the region
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.