Are you ready to dive into the world of a fast-paced tech startup? Are you ready to change the world? At PadSplit we're disrupting the affordable housing industry by creating safe, attractive, and respectable co-living environments. If you're motivated by the conviction that working people should have a decent place to live, and want to do something about it, come join us!
At PadSplit, our purpose is to solve our affordable housing crisis one room at a time while leveraging housing as a vehicle for financial independence. Our principles are Care, Show it, Prove it. We live out our principles by embodying our values: Empathy, Optimism, Intellectual Curiosity, Strong Work Ethic, High Integrity, and Compassionate Directness.
As a Payment Associate (Support Specialist), you are a detail-oriented, hard-working, problem solver with an optimistic attitude, that can easily (and happily) wear many hats. You are able to uphold our company's principles and values while adding to our unique culture. As a member of our Payment Services Team, you will broadly be responsible for Account Management, Financial Tracking, and Reporting.
- Confirm with stakeholders daily regarding terminated and evicted members
- Communicate with booking team to ensure payments are not received from banned members
- Send eviction emails to terminated members
- Update past due balances for evicted members when necessary
- Audit financial history and invoices
- Address disputed transactions
- Create invoices per customer request using company platform
- Make outbound calls daily to active members to collect payments on past due amounts
- Review payment history for at risk accounts
- Passionate about helping members improve their financial situation
- Energized by customer interactions
- Critical Thinker - strong problem solving and persuasion skills
- Detail oriented, self motivated, able to make independent decisions and exercise good judgment
- Comfortable with frequent changes in process
- Possess a natural ability to learn quickly
- Shows compassion and authority during negotiations and negative interactions with customers
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of the English language and can communicate effectively via phone and email interactions
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to multitask while maintaining accuracy
- Reliable - can be depended on to complete work assignments timely while performance is monitored
- Active listening skills - knows when to ask appropriate questions while giving full attention to customer concerns
- Desire to learn in a startup environment
- Able to work independently remotely during Eastern Standard Time hours
- Experience in evictions, real estate, and/or property management is a plus
- High school education or equivalent required.
- Higher education in business, accounting or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum of six months customer service experience (preferably in an administrative or call center environment).
- Intermediate computer skills, and intermediate level of experience with Google Suite
- Experience in ticketing software (Zendesk)