Who We Are At Virgil
Virgil is a tech-forward provider of adult behavioral therapy across the United States. We believe that patients, clinicians, and insurers all deserve a better healthcare experience, so we built one.
Our mission is to provide personalized, technology-empowered care for adults struggling with behavioral disorders in the environment best suited to help them - their home or ours.
We're looking to rapidly grow our team with values-driven, diverse, caring professionals to help us.
About The Role
The Payment Posting Specialist is responsible for posting payments, adjustments and rejections to patient accounts in accordance with current policy and procedure. The position requires a thorough knowledge of the healthcare industry, an effective strategy working within a team environment, and excellent attention to detail.
What You'll Do
- Ensures all incoming payments, allowance, adjustments, denial/rejections, etc. are posted correctly and in a timely manner.
- Responsible for posting of all insurance payments via ERA, hard copies, payer websites, and SalesForce Portal.
- Reconciles monies posted according to departmental operational procedures to ensure daily balances of amounts posted
- Identify accounts that need to be refunded
- Ensure correct payment processing
- Run and analyze balancing reports to ensure accurate posting
- Close batches in system at the end of the day and meeting Month End closing deadlines
- Meeting Posting and Collections Goals
- Maintains knowledgeable and current on third party payment applications, requirements and regulatory guidelines at the federal, state and local levels
- Executes and delivers special projects from management and other duties as assigned
- Participates in departmental meetings
- Commits to providing excellent customer service while maintaining the highest degree of professionalism while working in a team environment to meet goals
- Adheres to all policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Understands and complies with all HIPAA rules and regulations
What You'll Need
- 3-5 years posting experience in a medical hospital or outpatient practice setting required
- Ability to work and thrive in a team oriented production and deadline driven work environment
- Experience working with online payer resources
- Accounts Receivable knowledge/experience a plus
- Strong attention to detail, goal oriented
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Ability to work efficiently within deadlines on multiple projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office products
In addition to our clinicians and supporting departments, our company is built around four cross functional teams (spanning operations, product, marketing, business development, etc.):
- Demand - Deliver top notch products and services to our growing number of patients. You'll work with patients to understand pain points and optimize the patient journey from first contact to start of care to offboarding.
- Supply - Own and manage the relationship with our clinical practitioners. You are responsible for the growth of our clinician ecosystem by attracting, recruiting, and retaining high quality behavioral care providers.
- Platform - Build tools and provide services to optimize and improve the delivery of clinical care. You'll help match the right provider with the right family, coordinate clinical care, and develop digital therapeutics products.
- Quality - Improve the quality of care delivered to our patients. You'll ensure that we provide strong clinical outcomes, develop training platforms to level up our providers, and maintain compliance with a variety of payor and regulatory requirements.
At Virgil, we are a globally distributed team with many of our team members located in the following cities: San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Toronto, Montreal, and Kyiv. While everyone currently works remotely, we envision a future that balances face to face collaboration with a remote friendly environment.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
Virgil is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We celebrate diversity and welcome applicants from every background and life experience.