We are Virtual Internships, an Education Technology company on a mission. Our impact focuses on four key areas:
- Create opportunities for supporting career growth and enhancing employability
- Prepare employees for the “future of work”
- Reduce cultural barriers, widen participation and provide opportunities for underserved communities
- Create talent pipelines and access to jobs worldwide
We work with Universities, Education Institutions & Foundations, K-12 Schools, and Corporates to provide their students, graduates, or employees with an employability program that incorporates upskilling courses, mentor coaching, and a guaranteed remote work placement.
2021 & Beyond
- We are backed by some of the world’s top investors who were early investors in companies such as AirBnB, Udemy, Zoom, ApplyBoard, and DoorDash...and we’re scaling fast!
- Our team is growing in every area including Partnerships, Product, Engineering, Marketing, HR and Operations, and we plan to increase the global team to up to 100 by the end of 2021.
- We’re unique in having a core strategic and operations team based in Vietnam, alongside our remote teams based in North America, South America, Europe, Australasia, and other parts of Asia
- Selected by HolonIQ in Europe’s 100 most promising EdTech Startups
- Selected by Jisc & Emerge Education as a Top 20 EdTech Startup ready to address the education’s sector’s biggest challenges
- Featured on BBC News, BBC World, The Telegraph, The Independent, and Professionals in International Education
- Winners of the prestigious MassChallenge accelerator program
In this high-growth phase, we are seeking like-minded ambitious talents that are ready to make their impact from day one.
(Foundations K-12) Partnership Development Associate
- Our Associates will be exposed to a variety of challenges that a start-up faces, hence we are looking for students or recent graduates who are keen to get involved from day one!
- As an Associate your internship will last up to 3 months, with the option of an extension or a full-time opportunity dependent on availability and performance at the end of your internship.
What will this role be focused on?
- Focused on developing partnerships with high schools and high school student-facing organizations in the US, Asia, Europe, and Australasia
What will an average day look like?
- We are a fast-growing start-up, so there is ‘no average day’. You will be exposed to varying projects, however the majority of your workload will be focused on sourcing and conducting initial outreach to new high school partners. You may also be asked to research potential partners, prepare data reports for the team, review ppts / marketing materials for potential partners and attend networking events.
How big is the team?
- Our team is expanding rapidly, with a core team based in HCMC and remote teams based in the North America, South America, Europe, Australasia, and the rest of Asia
- Depending on the team you are supporting, your supervisor might be in Vietnam, New Zealand, the US, Spain, India, or the UK.
What will you learn from this internship?
- You will be exposed to the fast paced nature of a start-up that is scaling quickly!
- You will see how a new partnership is developed from the very beginning, with opportunities to join the teams in meetings with universities, companies, and international pathway providers
- You will learn business development skills that include:
- Develop new clients through market research
- Strategically source new prospects
- Obtain prospects information such as company name, contact name, email address, and other information
Skills You Will Need
- We can train your skills, therefore we are hiring first and foremost for attitude! You will have a ‘growth mindset’ ready to get involved from day one!
- We move (very) fast , so you will relish the opportunity for change and be able to learn fast, work independently and proactively, and to think about solutions whenever problems arise!
- Understanding how to thrive in the uncertain and fast-paced nature of a startup, you will be working on multiple projects/tasks and must enjoy the thrill of building things from scratch.
- You will be tech-proficient, process-driven and comfortable handling large amounts of data.
- You will be a confident and tenacious communicator, and will be comfortable with mass outreach and follow-up.
Additional characteristics we expect our entire team to demonstrate
- Always find a way
- Dare to be different
- Dare to be challenged
- Action orientated: better to make a reversible bad decision than no decision at all
Some Basic Requirements
- Already based in Vietnam
- Fluent English language skills (you don’t need an IELTS, but if you did it would be 6.5+)
- Submit your application via our Careers Page: https://www.virtualinternships.com/about-us/careers/
- Answer some interview questions via our Video Platform