Supports the achievement of financial and business objectives by leading, assisting and developing high quality, customer focused proposals. Collaborates cross-functionally to produce end product.
- Evaluates RFPs and participates in strategy calls to determine the most efficient and effective bid strategy.
- Liaises with business development, contracts and proposals, and operations teams to ensure that the proposal and strategy meet the business needs.
- Consults with internal subject matter experts to determine labor requirements, develop processes for non-standard activities, confirm client specific bidding standards and verify assumptions on specifications not identified in RFP.
- Modifies the proposal text to reflect study requirements and assumptions specific to the opportunity and ensures proposal text aligns with budget.
- Reviews client grids to ensure accuracy of mapping and unit definitions.
- Prepares proposals and revisions for basic to moderately complex opportunities.
- May interact with client to assist in determining requirements and service levels.
- Attends bid review to present and defend budget to senior management.
- Updates and maintains corporate databases as required and ensures accurate information is included in tracking reports.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification.
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 2+ years’) or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills with ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to provide recommendations on key proposal and budgeting parameters based on knowledge and experience
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Knowledge of clinical trial proposal process and budget management
- Professional ability to interact with individuals at all levels
- Knowledge of drug development process, FDA guidelines, GCP’s
- Proficiency in mathematics and ability to work with budgets
- Understanding of unitized grids, unit cost, unit drivers
- Knowledge of functional area project life cycle
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Problem solving skills
- Proven flexibility and adaptability
- Excellent command of English language and grammar
Below Is Listed The Working Environment/requirements For This Role
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive.
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours.
- Ability to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
- May require travel. (Recruiter will provide more details.)