KOMPAK is an Australia-Indonesia government partnership supporting the Government of Indonesia's efforts in reducing poverty through improvements in basic service delivery and creating opportunities for work. KOMPAK focuses its efforts on three result areas:
1. Supporting Local Governments and Service Units to better address the needs of basic service users;
2. Supporting the poor and vulnerable to benefit from improved village governance; and
3. Supporting the poor and vulnerable to benefit from increased opportunities for employment and economic development.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Research Adviser will support the KOMPAK Performance team in analysing and synthesising research and evaluation products to help KOMPAK communicate its good practices and lessons learned. This will entail producing high quality research reports, briefs and communications materials for external and international audiences.
1. Analyse and systematise KOMPAK’s body of evaluations and research and link these with KOMPAK’s flagship interventions and facility outcomes
2. Review and comment on research and evaluation projects, completed or currently planned for delivery
3. Write, edit and/or review:
• Study or research reports/briefs
• Communications materials
• Documents/brief/reports related to KOMPAK’s monitoring and evaluation area
Based on the materials or results from KOMPAK’s Research and Evaluation work, the Communications and Knowledge Management Team and Monitoring and Evaluation Team to ensure high quality products suitable for high-level audience
4. Write briefing documents for high-level or key officials of the Australian Government (DFAT)
5. Provide advice to Director of Performance or leads of units in Performance Team on strategy to make a report/brief presentable to high-level international audience
6. Conduct other relevant tasks as required from the Director/Deputy Director of Performance
• Bachelor or master’s degree in a relevant technical field
• Demonstrated experience in research, monitoring and evaluation or related fields
• Excellent written skills in English
• Ability to translate technical information into easily understandable information for KOMPAK clients/counterparts
• Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics and make them easily understandable in text and graphs
• Previous experience writing reports, briefs or other key strategic documents for high-level and international audiences
Further Information & Application Details
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing the key requirements listed above.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.
Applications close: Monday, 18 October 2021 – midnight (AEST)
We welcome and thank all applicants however; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Abt Associates – Who We Are
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children. For more information about our company and what we do visit our website at www.abtassociates.com