Great internships are not only the ones that prepare you for the work you hope to do after completing your studies, but they are also the ones that help you realise what work you’re currently best suited for and where you might really fit in the working world. We give our interns work that help push their limits and capabilities whenever and wherever possible to prepare them for a future where new job opportunities may require you to become more skilled and efficient workers, especially with the rise of innovation in both business and IT as well as ever increasing automation in a covid-stricken world.
We are currently developing and refining our recommendation system on the website/platform called Recombee. Our aim is to match our users to the best learning opportunities, job prospects and events available to them. With artificial intelligence, we hope to offer our users seamless experiences on the platform that will both ensure and maintain the accuracy of recommendations and the users' satisfaction.
The best applicants for this role are people who have a passion in artificial intelligence who have also experimented with machine learning models, developed chatbots and even those who have done Kaggle competitions!
Bellow are the important details you will need to take note of:
- Only English is spoken on the job
- International Students are welcome to apply for this position
- Thorough testing on the Recombee platform as well as brainstorming and finding ways to improve user experiences and satisfaction on our platform
- Establishing ways that the business is able to achieve lower maintenance costs by creating the best outcomes for it
- Running A/B tests, performing statistical analysis as well as documenting the effectiveness of the A.I. in Recombee
- To actively check as well as look for problems with the Recombee system and to report those problems to your closest supervisor
- Coding with programming languages such as Python, SQL and R code
- Extensive use of Excel/CSV. files or datasets to test the machine learning solutions
- Graduated or currently pursuing a major in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence or Data Science
- Strong fundamental knowledge on how Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence can be applied to business solutions
- Intermediate level of experience with Python programming
- Strong critical and analytical thinking skills
- Able to take constructive criticism and learn from it
- Well-versed in Microsoft Excel
- Practical experience in building predictive models using statistical or machine learning methods is a bonus
- Able to work under minimal supervision and guidance
- Able to work under pressure or stress
- Work from home or remote work is allowed
- A reference letter can be requested upon completion of internship
- A bit of flexibility with working time aside from the usual 9am to 6pm (Ex. 8am to 5pm / 7:30am to 4:30pm)