At Hopper, we’re on a mission to build the most customer-centric travel company on earth. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing mobile first travel marketplace -- one that enables our customers to save money and travel better.
Hopper’s goal is to reduce traveler anxiety throughout all stages of the trip buying and taking process. By creating a transparent travel marketplace and unique, data-driven financial technology products focused on providing peace-of-mind, Hopper adds value along each step of the customer’s journey.
Hopper has launched several bespoke fintech products that leverage our immense first and third-party data to create products and value that do not exist elsewhere - including Refundable and Flexible Tickets and Price Freeze. Thanks to these offerings, Hopper’s revenue growth is up 112% despite the travel slowdown due to COVID-19.
With over $250M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration to becoming the world’s fastest-growing end-to-end customer-centric travel offering.
Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company three years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 50 million times and sees over 1 million new installs per month. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019.
Come take off with us!THE ROLE
Hopper embraces a modern approach to learning designed to bring the best out of our people. Our employees learn virtually and often asynchronously from all over the world, alongside a superstar training team to guide their growth and success.
As a Learning Specialist, you will design, develop, and implement learning strategies, courses, and content to help our Customer Service team reach peak performance. In this role, you will assume ownership of the needs of our FinTech vertical and work directly with those stakeholders to deliver timely, meaningful, and relevant training for our agents. You will also help continually improve our onboarding program, leadership development initiatives, and upskilling efforts.In This Role, You Will
- Develop and implement learning strategies that drive performance, leveraging your background in banking, insurance, financial services, or compliance
- Conduct regularly a training needs analysis (TNA) with stakeholders
- Create content for on-demand training courses, mainly through Coassemble
- Build, organize, and optimize all learning materials (facilitator guides, job aids, activities, etc.)
- Facilitate remote training in a virtual classroom
- Manage LMS and assign courses and learning paths
- Use data to evaluate the effectiveness of training
- Implement best practices that support adult learning
- Experiment with new ideas—we are an adventurous bunch
An Ideal Candidate Has
- Air Ticketing
- Post-Ticketing Changes
- Schedule Changes
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years experience required in the travel industry, specifically flights
- Demonstrable experience working in learning & development, preferably in SaaS and/or travel
- At least two years of experience in learning program management, facilitation, and instructional design
- Understanding of common learning theories and models (Knowles, Bloom, Gagne, Kirkpatrick, etc.)
- Previous experience working and teaching remotely
- Excellent direct communication skills, written and verbal
- Enthusiasm and curiosity for conducting research and answering hard questions with data
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to create solutions for operational problems
- Passion for mentorship and people development
- Material experience in responding quickly and efficiently to organizational and operational changes