Job Overview & Responsibilities
Mythics is seeking a Lead Java Web Application Developer to join our growing Technology Practice. This is a full-time, remote opportunity.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities for the Lead Developer position include but are not limited to:
- Participate as a core member of the Agile team across all planning, analysis, design, development, and testing activities
- Must be up to date on the current technology landscape, be technology agnostic, and have a passion for staying current and experimenting with new approaches and tools
- Deliver on a system modernization project in which business capabilities previously provided by a legacy system are re-developed on a new platform or technology
- Work with complex data and understanding the current technologies available for data analysis, processing, and visualization
- Collaborate with the Business Analysts, test team and leads and provide documentation for customer deliverables
- Lead in design, code, code inspections and test inspections throughout the life cycle to identify issues/defects and participate in other meetings such as use case creation technical interchanges
- Develop estimates for design and implementation based on a level of effort and relative sizing (small, medium, large) depending on complexity of the requirements
- Comply with CMMI level 3 and project level processes to improve efficiency and consistency of all deliverables
- Guide and mentor junior software engineers within the project
- Coordinate closely with peers to ensure proper implementation of system specifications and integration of the new development with the complete system
- Bachelor's Degree and/or equivalent work experience
- Linux, Apache HTTP Server, Apache Axis, Apache Spring, REST/JSON, SOAP, WSDL, XML, XSD
- Experience with Subversion, JIRA, and HP ALM
- Excellent understanding of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Experience with Oracle database 11g / 12c , Exadata
- Familiar with Agile development methodology
- Experience in a parallel development environment managing overlapping development efforts that can impact the same functionalities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience working directly with customers to discuss their requirements and objectives.
- Ability to prioritize, status, and multitask
Why work at Mythics?
Because at Mythics, YOU count! At Mythics, we have an environment that fosters creative thinking, respects your contributions, and accepts nothing less than excellence in serving our customers. We demonstrate these core principles daily through our corporate Values of Respect – Empathy – Excellence – Fun (REEF). Our REEF values are the foundation of everything we do.
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision plans available for you and your family
- Premier 401k retirement plan with corporate matching and a 529 college saving plan
- Tax-advantaged Health Savings Account and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account options
- Generous PTO bank and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement for continuing education
- Engaging company events such as quarterly awards, annual kick off parties, and FUN Fridays (early release once a month)
- Free gourmet coffee, tea, fresh fruits and healthy snacking alternatives
- Community Service activities and charitable giving programs
- Our GREEN approach – tracking energy consumption for reduction and purchasing only environmentally friendly products for our offices
Founded in 2000, Mythics is an award-winning Oracle systems integrator, consulting firm, managed services provider and elite Oracle platinum resale partner. Our business model is all about deep knowledge of Oracle technologies and business processes . We offer procurement and Oracle systems integration expertise across the full range of Oracle cloud, software, support, hardware, engineered systems, and appliances. It’s a focus that gives us the critical business experience and the Oracle technology advantage you need to succeed.
Mythics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation , gender identity, age, marital status, medical condition, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes. Mythics, Inc. will treat all employees equally with respect to compensation; opportunities for advancement, including upgrading, promotion and transfer, and all other terms and conditions of employment. This company is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, and has designed and agreed to implement an Affirmative Action Program in accordance with Executive Order 11246 and VEVRAA Final Rule. Mythics, Inc. is able to provide alternative methods of application for those who are unable to complete an online form. Please contact email@example.com to arrange reasonable accommodations. To read more about your rights, please visit the Department of Labor Disability Rights Fact Sheet here . For more information about Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination, please view the “EEO is the Law” Poster here .