Who we are
Smarter Health's vision is to make healthcare accessible, affordable and accountable.
Through data and technology, we simplify the healthcare ecosystem by facilitating the interaction between stakeholders, enabling:
- Patients to get the right care at the right cost,
- Providers to focus on attending to patients while eliminating unnecessary processes,
- Payors to better serve their policyholders at their time of need.
- Full remote work.
- A solid tech team. We are just a few people, so everyone counts. We make sure that when we hire someone, the person is a good technical and cultural match.
- Flexible working hours. Get the job done at your own pace.
- Ownership and responsibility.
- Teamwork, open communication, and respect for one another.
- Continuous learning and improvement.
- Hands-on developer who writes high quality, clean and maintainable code that is modular, functional and testable.
- Take ownership and rapidly iterate while collaborating actively as part of a small and talented team.
- Design, implement, and deliver software.
- Create or introduce tests, and introduce new technologies to optimize our platform.
- Actively provide constructive feedback to other developers through code reviews or different channels.
- Experience with core Java. Like a lot of it. This will be your bread and butter.
- That’s it. If you know Java well, the rest of the skills are a bonus!
- Experience with Java frameworks like Spring and/or Hibernate. Any others will count as well.
- Experience with unitary testing libraries like JUnit, Mockito, TestNG… You name it
- Experience building REST and GraphQL APIs.
- Working knowledge of relational databases such as Postgres/MySQL.
- Experience with microservice design.
- Experience with other JVM languages like Scala. Or the interest to move into Scala, since it’s our core language.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Test driven design.