What’s good! Team Harry Mack is looking to expand! We’re seeking a Junior Video Editor who is interested in building with us for the long haul. Harry Mack is a multi-talented artist and rapper best known for his unique, jaw-dropping visual freestyle rapping. He first came to fame when his Venice Beach Freestyle video went viral, propelling him to opportunities alongside the likes of Kendrick Lamar, Joey Bada$$, Ellen DeGeneres, Complex Music, and RedBull Music.
Harry Macks team drops at least one long-form (~20 minutes) video each week as part of Harry Mack’s various YouTube series. Those long-form videos are then chopped up and distributed across various social media channels, most of which we post content to daily. Mack’s following is growing rapidly (1.61M subs on YouTube, 1.1M followers on TikTok, 535K follows on IG). We need someone with professional video editing skills, knowledge of platform-specific trends/best practices, a ton of creativity, and a passion for making dope music-based content, to come on board and help us continue to bring off-top freestyle rapping to the mainstream.
We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible. This position requires approximately 30+ hours per week with room to grow.
Responsibilities Will Include
- Edit long-form content into various lengths and aspect ratios, optimized for social media platforms (Instagram, TikTok, YouTube clips, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Edit brand campaign assets as necessary
- Export, quality check, and deliver final video assets
- Clean-up and archive projects after completion, ensuring they can be easily opened and accessed in the future
- Maintain and enforce file naming conventions, the organization of folders and files, and other post-production best practices
- Utilize brand guidelines and aesthetics to ensure content is consistent across all platforms
- Receive continuous constructive feedback on the videos’ performance, and adapt to these learnings
- Stay up-to-date with social media trends and competitors along with experimenting with new features, and always trying to optimize our channels to get the most out of our pages and fans
Why We Think This Job Is Great
- It’s a remote full-time, 100% remote position where you’ll work from home with tech provided by the company
- You’ll have clear goals and the training resources you need to deliver. How you execute and deliver is up to you
- 2 years of experience in a professional environment
- Proficient use of non-linear editing software to create engaging short-form content for social media platforms
- Work samples that showcase developing skills in story editing, pacing, and visual creativity
- Ability to take direction and constructive criticism with a positive and collaborative attitude
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Enjoy working independently and in a collaborative remote team environment
- Passion for music, especially hip-hop!
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Incredibly detail-oriented, self-motivated, strong problem-solving skills, and ability to troubleshoot creative challenges and deliver on schedule
- Ability to grow as the team’s needs expand
- Familiar with creating thumbnail imagery from video content with Adobe Photoshop or similar
- Computer system able to run current versions of Adobe Creative Software
- A PLUS: graphic design experience, animation/motion graphics skills, knowledge of Discord, Google Drive, and Notion, Located in Los Angeles
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Media Encoder
Bold Business is a remote-first, global outsourced-solutions company with over $7B in service solutions over the past 25 years. Our international team helps the world’s leading companies transform their ideas into bold impacts. From Fortune 500 organizations looking to reduce operational costs by 40%-60% to fast-growth startups looking to scale, we work behind the scenes and empower companies to do more for less.
If you like to move fast and have a bias for action, you’ll fit right into our fast-paced, results-based environment. We’re a 100% remote/virtual team environment where you can work from wherever you are.