Please read the entire job description.
As a Software Engineer on our Custom Sites team, you will work on consumer-facing websites as well as administrative portals for travel agent or other corporate bookers. An understanding of user behavior when placing travel bookings with the ability to think through the user-experience is a definite plus.
Remote. Compensation in line with local market conditions.
- Work as part of a team developing applications and services that are accessed by our customers via responsive user-interfaces
- Contribute to team and organizational improvements in process, infrastructure, reliability, and development speed.
- Build customer-facing UI and back-end services for hotel reservations, payment processing, user administration, and analytics management
- Code, test and operate node.js and vue.js based services
- Effectively use tools and ingenuity to identify and fix defects before our customers experience any problems
- 4+ years of relevant engineering work experience on large scale software projects
- Experience developing web services or Software as a Service products with stateless horizontal scaling and event-driven architecture.
- Knowledge of CI/CD such as Jenkins, Bamboo, CircleCI, etc.
- Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL is a plus.
- Experience using various technologies like APIs, Microservices, Kubernetes, SQL, gRPC, MessagePack, Streaming.
- Experience in Google Cloud Platform.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Please apply here: https://solutions.travel.rakuten.com/jobs/custom-sites/softwareengineer